VIctory Sonics PSU400

Item(s) Description/Condition:

NEW

Price:

$60

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

$10 Conus

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

IMG_3771_zps0kbjzohq.jpg

IMG_3766_zpsgrez04kn.jpg.html

IMG_3767_zps9puz0ql1.jpg

IMG_3768_zpsxfy7tamo.jpg

IMG_3770_zpsojyohkbr.jpg

430W power rating is continuous draw I personally tested it for up to 600 watt picks and that will supply enough juice for about any amplifier testing purposes.

I wouldn`t use it for 2000watt amp but only because I use battery in parallel with this PSU for crazy amplifiers.

I use anderson connector pictured on the last picture for quick disconnect of distro block (not included with PSU) if you need one parts express has variety of them. I have them stocked so just ask.

Unit has thermo controlled fan and is virtually quiet until you load it.

Even at full load you can`t hear it over music playing.

Cascade APS is 3 times more expensive doing exactly the same thing in 2 times bigger box. 1 year warranty. I guarantee what I sell.

Voltage is constantly adjustable 10-15 Volts. Short review here

I don`t have feedback on this forum yet but I have plenty on another forum and 100% on ebay.

Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

eBay Feedback Profile for victorysonics

converted server PSU's.. 240amps 12.6 to 15vdc tightly regulated ....can parallel up to 4 of them ...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am running 2 right now ...

no, it's rated for 16amps draw from 220vac.(per psu) But I haven't seen it pull more than 14 amps at full tilt boogie ... The fans are fairly loud at full tilt, but i just built a pwm controller and have figured out how to slow them, but still keep it cool ...

And voltage is fully adjustable from 12.2vdc to 15vdc via an arduino and a 3.5" tft screen.

Just recently figured all of this out. And still working on a nice platform to mount it all in.

I've had it running at 250 amps output for 20 - 30 min straight a couple of times now. And it only drops 1/10th a volt , and barely gets warm ...

Sounds like a fun for those who has 220 V at their bench. most people don`t. i`ve been there tried that, be careful lowering fan speed too much because internal components of that server PSU is what needed to be cooled down not outer case. Server PSU fans sounds like jet turbine and there is a reason for that. When your amps drawing 250 Amp you can disregard fan noise I guess as you probably getting 150Db of sound pressure from your subs at that time.

btw regulating voltage through arduino is cool,mine is old school pot and screwdriver. but works just as well.Once set it will maintain voltage to 0.1v all the way up to full current. switching power supplies is easy to regulate when circuit designed properly.

Server PSU often make higher voltage with load. I`ve seen them go up to 18V on the edge of their current capabilities. which could mean burning down your components.

Server PSU of that power cost $50-100 on ebay and thousands when new.

RC crowd has been using server PSUs to charge their batteries for ages,nothing new here.

yep, I am completely aware all of that. I build and design control cabinets as part of my job,from time to time. Have since I was like 14, my big brother owned/founded Ohio Electric Control ...I have an extensive electrical back ground.

these PSU's use a adm 1041 eprom for voltage control,(hence the need for the arduino) and have no voltage climb ....

And, yes, you can't even begin to hear the fans when using a large amp across 3 or 4 15's ...but when going against a resistive load, they are plenty loud...lol...

I pay 49/each shipped for my PSU's from a supplier in MN ... I can get the small 30 ampers for about 27 bux ....

Thanks for all the warnings, but I have been using them for years, just at 12.7 vdc, until recently ... never had a problem yet ...

And I never said it was new tech either ....just said it is what i am using, and have been for a while now with no problems what so ever ...

you got them fot 27bux- great, then you have to make them work, implement voltage regulator and fan control. You time cost something or it`s free?

Would you sell me one of your 240 A PSU? I`m, serious, one with arduino controlled voltage and screen? how much?

you got them fot 27bux- great, then you have to make them work, implement voltage regulator and fan control. You time cost something or it`s free?Would you sell me one of your 240 A PSU? I`m, serious, one with arduino controlled voltage and screen? how much?
I never once said I was selling them, and have NO intention of doing so. I said I got my 240 amp PSU's for 49 each.

But I know someone that will be selling a few of these larger PSU's here soon. I will let you know as soon as he has some ready for sale, okay ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Victorinox

10+ year member
Victorinox
Denver, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from