12w6s

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigDaddyKane
10+ year member

how does every one here rate this fabulous jl audio subs. I am about to buy a pair, but I am having some second thoughts. I am also considering a pair of HX2s or mtx 8000s. I want your opinion please. Also how big of an amp do you reccomend to push these mofos to sounding the optimal state they can be in. Oh and by way those new sony cd players where you can download decent quality pictures to the face plate look bad ass, but i will never buy a sony speaker

I had one but I killed it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I loved that sub. But anyway, you would be very happy with two W6's. They're 500w max and 300w RMS (I think) on a 3 ohm DVC.

well in my opinion the W6's are overpriced just like almost all JL subs. they do bang hard and everything and hit clean but i won't buy JL subs. those subs are underated you can run like 600-800 to 1 W6 and they will eat up that power all day long. i would go with the HX2's just b/c i like RF products. if you want mainly SPL than the RF's will give you louder bass than the other's.

keep it thumpin,

adam

I appreciate your opinion. I also love rockford fosgate. I think they are the best over all audio company, considering their overall quality and price. There arent many inferior quality products put out by this company.

i think that RF has 2 flaws that they have made. their Head units are pieces of crap i wouldn't run one even if i was sponsered by RF, and their Punch Z's are kinda shabby speaker's.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Originally posted by BigDaddyKane How did you kill your subs? How much wattage did you put through it? Did you install them wrong?
One of my idiot friends turned the gain up too high on my amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif He apologized by paying me back.

Well the punchs zs are really decent subs I like them alot better than thier predicetors and I have 4 of them in my work truck now and its hittin a lil over 140 I am impressed by the quality of these subs and I was quite impressed alothough jensens have more output and are realy better subs I got these cheaper than those and I am quite fond of them they go lower than the jensens though lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BigDaddyKane

10+ year member
BigDaddyKane
San Antonio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from