12" or 15" AA Havoc

Participant count
  • Participant list

cww180
10+ year member

Hello,

I'm getting ready to purchase a single 12" or 15" AA Havoc to be installed into my 2001 Honda Civic 4 door. I mostly listen to Rap/Hip Hop/R&B and it will be used as a daily driver but I want it to thump. I will power it with either a Sundown SAZ-1000D or and Audioque AQ1200D. The car has a pretty good trunk so I was wondering will the trunk allow the sub to breathe properly. I am also removing the rear speakers to use as ports from the trunk to the cabin. If I go 15 I was thinking 4 cu ft tuned to 32Hz, is its a 12" 2.2 cubic ft at 32Hz. Any input is welcome.

People do 15s in 4dr civics all the time. I would go ahead and go with the 15 in 4 cubes to 32hz, sub back, port back. I would just always run with the rear seat down.

Thanks for the reply I just ordered the 15" sub. I am in Japan and the rear seat doesn't fold down but I'm trying to get one from the states. In the event that I couldn't would facing the sub and port towards the license plate be better?

I appreciate the comments. It did take me a while to research for the sub and Scott at AA/Fi was great to work with. I'm about the purchase the amps to push my system (15" AA Havoc /PPI 356CS components. I was thinkning of going with either 2 audique amps or 2 sundown amps, for the money difference would I be able to tell if I went with the Sundown amps?

I doubt it would be an audible difference. Sundown may have better customer support. Some one who is familiar with dealing with AQ will have to comment on that. I would prefer sundown for the looks out of the two, probably would go AQ to save the $ though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cww180

10+ year member
cww180
Okinawa, Japan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from