12" OPTI1233D Monster woofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

centergod79
10+ year member

TEAM BEETEM
Item(s) for Sale:

OPTI1233D 12" Subwoofer (this thing is a beast)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

with a triple stacked 375 oz Magnet, 3000 watts rms/6000 max, this bad boy will definately give you the pound you're looking for. This woofer is an SPL woofer, but will play the lower frequencies, but I wouldn't recommend 3000 watts on the real low lows. I have had these OPTI's personally 2 OPtI1533D, running at .7 ohms on a mamphis 4kw at 16v, and they handled every bit of it like champs, for daily driver.

Look at the motor next to a memphis MOJO's motor

Price:

$150 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

will ship after cleared payment is received

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I only have 1, and I also have a motor and basket of the same sub, I was going to build a monster sub out of the motor but the gap is narrow as hell, can't think of any cone fitting other than OPTI's, as for play time, it's well broke in, since I had it about 1 hour, but the previous owner had it for a minute, but I will say that the woofer is 100% functional, the other one that burned up was the ones that had terminals at the end of the tinsel lead, and the spider came unglued while I was playing them. The ones with the direct leads like the one I'm selling is a much better woofer. I am more than sure that you will be satisfied with the condition of this woofer, and the price you'll get it for, there is nothing wrong with this woofer at all

Yea, those stroker pro's are unbelieveable, the strokers have nothing on them, the ones they're making now. People make the argument that the regular stroker gets louder on spl, but alot of people don't realize those pro's are tunable, you can tighten the spider to make them whatever type of woofer you want them to be, sq, sql, or spl. I have to say, I put those pros in my car last night, just to play them for a min, I'll probably keep them in there until I sell them, if I sell them, because the sound is unbeleivable, those things are brand new, and I have 2 new re-cones for them. Cerwin vega still has 13 re-cones left in stock, they say there must not be many of them out there anymore because they don't sell any re-cones for them no more. If their is some out there, I would probably gaurantee that mine are in the best condition, I mean they aren't broke in, they have a total of maybe an hour of play time

yea the motor is fantastic, its in as good condition as this woofer, the only thing is, when I was running these woofers the spider came unglued and caused it to break one of the tinsel leads. I tried to repair it, but with it being one of the one with the screw terminals, they only give you that little loop at the end of the coil to wark with, then I couldnt get the spider glued back in with causeing coil rub, because the gap in these motors are narrow as hell. I planned on using the motor to build a monster woofer, but I cant find a cone with thin enough coils to go into the gap. Do you know of any?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have the basket to, I was looking at some of the re-cones that fi makes, because I do believe that fi makes these woofers, I could be wrong though. I called sound around, but they can be a bunch of morans sometimes, they said it's none repairable, but I figured they didn't have re-cones, I was just trying to get info on the actual buildhouse that makes the woofers for them, I have all of my employees trying to find a suspention that'll fit into this gap, but we cant find ****. I think this motor could make a hell of an spl woofer, but I either have to manually widen the gap, but I don't wanna try that because I'm not sure if I can be precise enough to do it. What would you suggest could be done with the motor, by the way I have the basket to, but I was looking to make something much bigger, if it can be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...