10 disc CD changer

Participant count
  • Participant list

munch

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Custom Autosound USA 740 in my Chevy 3100 and want to add a 10 disc cd player, which they onlt offer a single unit. Call me old fasion, but I like cds. How can I determine if their are other cd players with the same din cable congiguration that will work? Thanks all.

I have a Custom Autosound USA 740 in my Chevy 3100 and want to add a 10 disc cd player, which they onlt offer a single unit. Call me old fasion, but I like cds. How can I determine if their are other cd players with the same din cable congiguration that will work? Thanks all.
First, determine what din cable you need. They come in various pin configurations. Then contact the manufacturers of aftermarket CD players to see if they sell what you need. Good luck.

First, determine what din cable you need. They come in various pin configurations. Then contact the manufacturers of aftermarket CD players to see if they sell what you need. Good luck.
I have tried to find the pin configuration for the usa 740 to no avail. Even the vendor won't answer me. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks

Doesn't this stereo have Bluetooth, AUX inputs for RCA cables (I believe on of them is on the rear.) and a USB port?
Suggestion:

Look for a stand-alone CD changer that has a USB and/or a Bluetooth connection.

Years ago, I had 10 disk CD changer that operated through one of the Radio frequencies. It worked well.

It appears to have an 8 Pin DIN cable. According to the USA 740 manual It looks like you have 2 options for playing CDs. The first one is the CD-1 half din sized single disc player or the now discontinued USA-CD60 six disc cd changer.

Custom auto sound gave me the following information. "it has to be made by Custom Autosound, to be able to control it through the radio. Otherwise, it will need to plug into the radio via RED & WHITE RCA, GET POWER DIRECTLY FROM THE BATTERY AND BE ABLE TO CONTROL THROUGH A REMOTE."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...