10 cubic feet, 12" port, 35Hz tune, cheapest subs for it

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kryptonitewhite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I built a 10cu ft box last year with a 12" port 17" long two free ends for a 35Hz tune last year for a guy. He never paid up. He was planning on two Fi BTL 18's and an AP30001D.

What is the cheapest sub that would perform decent in it? People around here either don't have money and want me to find them stolen gear for dirt cheap, or they waste it at the local shops and get crap for eighteeen times their value. When summer comes I'll get people beating down my door, I need to sell this box, whats the cheapest subs I can drop in there yet still get decent performance with a cheap 1000 watt amp? Mind you none of these people will have $$$ to get a solid 2kw-3kw amp, nor BTLs or anything else good. These people want two 12" rip-offs for under $50 with an amp and box.

I modeled the BTL, Q, SSD, and IB3 for shits...doesnt have to be Fi.

SSD and Q look ok I guess, nothing I'd or any of us would want.

spl-1.jpg

make baffles for some 12's bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif that would be cheaper I think than 2 cheap 18's..

and even 4 z12d4 would get decently loud on 12-1600 rms.. more would be alot better tho.. and 10cf is perfect for alot of 12's...

cheap as possible without screwing someone over. People around here don't know anything, therefore dont really care... they want loud and cheap. I could drop two IB3 18's in there for $400 shipped but thats just not right. I already played with a pair in there, LOUD, but peaky. Even they wouldnt be happy after a while I'm sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.