1.25 cf to work with....

raverstan

I have a large budget and little patience to do the research, so maybe some of you would be willing to help a newbie.

I ordered a millhouse box from subthump.com for my 98 camaro and I'm looking to fire one 10" at the back window.

I wanted to go with an eclipse 88100ti or this years equivalent, but they require 2.10 cf. and I only have up to 1.25 cf to work with. I was looking at respl.com, but I couldnt find the specs and I'm not sure how they would work considering Im going with a sealed box, not a ported one.

Suggestions anyone? with about 1000$ to spend for an amp and a 10, I'm looking for something that will hit hard and quick. Something that will work with my techno/ hard house addiction. I've already ruled out brahmas and jl's due to size...so ya. Please help!

First a few recomendations,

ED A

ED O

RE SX

RE XXX

RE SE

As far as box volume, it may not matter quite as much as you think. It can cause frequency peaks, but it usually just affects power handling, bigger box = less power handling.

Now I havn't found that many 10's that requre 1.25 cu ft. Did you order the 1 or 2 10 version?

magnum d2 12 inch sub. 0.5-1.5 cubes needed for a sealed enclosure(your choice). sub costs 300 bucks shipped. hifonics 1000d, 1500d ran at 1 ohm. http://www.stereointegrity.com . you do realize you are gonna piss people off about the "little patience to do the research" comment? thats probably why you didnt get a response from other people faster...

edit: i suggested a 12 even though you said you wanted a 10 because i am guessing you are limiting your self to a 10 because you think it will need less space, correct?

magnum d2 12 inch sub. 0.5-1.5 cubes needed for a sealed enclosure(your choice). sub costs 300 bucks shipped. hifonics 1000d, 1500d ran at 1 ohm. http://www.stereointegrity.com . you do realize you are gonna piss people off about the "little patience to do the research" comment? thats probably why you didnt get a response from other people faster...
edit: i suggested a 12 even though you said you wanted a 10 because i am guessing you are limiting your self to a 10 because you think it will need less space, correct?
He already bought an enclosure for 10's

Alright, well I would recomend 2 ED A's. They would cost $540

I would also recomend a single W7, you should be pretty happy with it, and it would like your enclosure.

For amps check out PG's tantrums on ebay, the W7 would need less power than the 2 A's, but A's would be happy with anywhere from 400-900 watts. So sending them 600 -700 would be ideal, they will have a little bit extra airspace.

well that, and I was under the impression that 10's would sound better with the type of music i listen to
i knew i forgot something. i read through your post twice but forgot about the enclosure the whole time lol. anyways back to your post above. what your talkin about used to be true a while ago when the technology wasnt as good then as it is now. now a days even 15's are jsut as accurate. the only difference is that they will get a little lower but they are just as accurate. maybe you wanna sell that box and decide on everything before you buy anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif . anyways i would sell the box and get the magnum with a amp that runs the watts you want. its just easier to decide on what you wanna buy first instead of buyin something and then being limited on your other choices. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif

I would also recomend a single W7, you should be pretty happy with it, and it would like your enclosure.

For amps check out PG's tantrums on ebay, the W7 would need less power than the 2 A's, but A's would be happy with anywhere from 400-900 watts. So sending them 600 -700 would be ideal, they will have a little bit extra airspace.
sorry, but i kinda have a thing about jl's and how overpriced they are. Besides, i think the mounting depth on a w7 would be a little more than the box would allow

i knew i forgot something. i read through your post twice but forgot about the enclosure the whole time lol. anyways back to your post above. what your talkin about used to be true a while ago when the technology wasnt as good then as it is now. now a days even 15's are jsut as accurate. the only difference is that they will get a little lower but they are just as accurate. maybe you wanna sell that box and decide on everything before you buy anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif . anyways i would sell the box and get the magnum with a amp that runs the watts you want. its just easier to decide on what you wanna buy first instead of buyin something and then being limited on your other choices. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif

I completely and whole-heartidly disagree. Although you may be correct that a 15 can be just as quick as an 8, I don't think it applies here. That box is not a bad choice, its custom fit for his car, and 10's hit freaking hard. I don't think you have ever heard a good 10 setup. I also don't understand your fetish with the magnum, its a hell of a driver, but have you ever heard an A? or let alone 2 of them? All the guy asked about was what subs he should get for his enclosure, he did not want someone who has no idea what they are talking about to tell them to sell their custom enclosure.

sorry, but i kinda have a thing about jl's and how overpriced they are. Besides, i think the mounting depth on a w7 would be a little more than the box would allow
Erm, well alright, the W7 is pretty amazing, but if you don't want it, I think the ED A or A's is my next choice. You could check the cost of 10 XXX's too, they would also work, your options really are limitless, just search around the boards for drivers.

the thing is, the box i ordered is pretty much the biggest enclosure im willing to get for my car, so i think that magnum is kinda out of the question.

Erm, well alright, the W7 is pretty amazing, but if you don't want it, I think the ED A or A's is my next choice. You could check the cost of 10 XXX's too, they would also work, your options really are limitless, just search around the boards for drivers.
whats the website for those ED's?

whats the THD on a Tantrum that size? Im looking for something really efficient and clean. The Eclipse amp I was looking at had a good rep and .01% THD. I havent really heard alot about phoenix's, good or bad.

http://www.edesignaudio.com

No idea what the THD is, and in all honesty it doesn't matter. Unless its over .1 I don't even think you can hear it. I have heard bad things about eclipse amps, but have never used one so i'm not sure. For the most part you get what you pay for, so just look around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

raverstan

raverstan
Tucson, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
IgnoreMe