05 grand prix

pete2129

ok so i just got a 05 grand prix base model so no onstar or anything special and my radio is basic 2. im tryin to take out the factory radio and i was wondering if there is anyone that knows how to do that or knows of a website that i could find some help im strapped for cash so im tryin to spend the money on running my power and ground wire not radio install thanks

well radio iinstall on that car is gonna cost,it has RDS,(RADIO DATA SYSTEM)when replacing it u need extra modules,cause your door chime will stop working and other dash guages.so i would recommend take it to the pros.

well radio iinstall on that car is gonna cost,it has RDS,(RADIO DATA SYSTEM)when replacing it u need extra modules,cause your door chime will stop working and other dash guages.so i would recommend take it to the pros.

You don't need to take it to the pro's. You need to do some research though.

For a 2005 Grand Prix you need to buy the following wiring harnesses and kits to integrate an aftermarket HU into your car.

Metra:

GMRC-01 wiring harness

99-3527 Dash kit

dont he need an antenna adapter also? i think he does unless GM changed.and i recommend take it to a reputable shop,cause if you dont know how to take the dash apart,might crack or break some bezels.

ok so i just got a 05 grand prix base model so no onstar or anything special and my radio is basic 2. im tryin to take out the factory radio and i was wondering if there is anyone that knows how to do that or knows of a website that i could find some help im strapped for cash so im tryin to spend the money on running my power and ground wire not radio install thanks
Go to clubgp.com

You don't need to take it to the pro's. You need to do some research though.
For a 2005 Grand Prix you need to buy the following wiring harnesses and kits to integrate an aftermarket HU into your car.

Metra:

GMRC-01 wiring harness

99-3527 Dash kit
RC0-01 is very expensive... i'd just do the 2003-01 if you don't care about door chimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pete2129

pete2129
Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Shyne151