03 Subaru Legacy Wagon 4 Speakers Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmildner13

So currently I have installed a Kenwood KDC-HD455U Head Unit and I have 2 questions. 1. The stereo has hd radio but there are some stations that I don't even get a signal with and other stations that fade in and out and get quieter out of no where. Any idea what kind of problem this might be? and 2. I am looking to replace all 4 factory speakers and was wondering if I should get all 2-way speakers or all 3-ways or a mixture of both. Any suggestions for speakers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

if you've got XM or sirus sounds like your antenna is bad. when i worked out a car audio shop those antennas always had to be replaced. have a listen to 3-ways and 2-ways at like bestbuy or some other car audio shop. it is a matter of preference. nice quality 2-ways suffice for me.

Theres no XM or Sirus radio in the HU. Could this be a problem with just the antenna cable being loose plugged in to the stereo? Also if the antenna is bad do you have to replace the whole window to replace it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.