03 Stratus Coupe

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpeedEuphoria
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BCM
Thought I would post up some pics on my progress.

Deck: Eclipse 55040 + changer

Mids: Eclipse ECLIPSE SC8365

Mids Amp: Memphis CA 150, may be upgraded to something more around 150x2 later?

Sub Amp:MB Quart DSC 1500.1D

Subs: Alpine Type R 12" SWR-1243D x2, this may change if I dont feel like doing the huge 2 piece box. I may end up with a 15" AA Havoc in 3.4cubes at 32

So far I have been through 20 cans of expanding foam still could use a couple more cans for the rockers, 2 gallons of eDead Liquid along with a roll of Raamat and a roll of eDead(junk). Then top'd that with 3/8" neoprene/gym mat.

I painted the entire car in eDead liquid multiple coats. I have 3 coats everywhere and 5 on the trunk/roof/decklid

On the doors I used some layers of vinyl flooring then fiberglassed them with a couple layers of mat and sammich'd them together, then 2 layers of Raamat over it. Then I velcro'd 3/8" neoprene sheet to it.

I fiberglassed the spare tire well also, added a couple layers of mat and mostly covered in neoprene. I did the main areas like tire wells and floor/quarters

SANY0185.jpg

Stock deadening in this pic

SANY0190.jpg

SANY0254.jpg

SANY0258.jpg

SANY0267.jpg

SANY0269.jpg

Dont mind the gap in neoprene in this pic, as there is another piece that overlaps

SANY0268.jpg

Heres what 1/2 of the box would look like or similar if I end up with 2x 12's

NewAlpineBox2piecetest3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see someone doing a legit install with even modest equipment
You call it modest, I call it cheap, LOL. Hey they say most of it is in the install.

I've never did anything other than dynamat before, never a sound barrier. I figured I'd try it out and its my winter car so not driving it yet, so have downtime to get it done right. Originally I just wanted a modest system and think I should be close to that. I dont want added weight(too much) that's why I was an maybe still am going with a single 15"(also simpler). The box will use something lighter than MDF for sure.

Just working on finishing laying the mat. Then running wire. The plan is to have the mids amp under the pass seat using a separate 4 gauge wire. The Sub amp with separate 2awg will go in back somewhere(not sure exactly, maybe back of seat? Or in trunk?)

The x-overs for the mids will likely go under the seat. I'm not sure on the placement of the mid/tweet combo pod. Plan on testing out a couple scenarios like: Combo pod on A pilar, Combo pod on door, tweet in sail/mid on A pilar, tweet in sail/mid in door to see what sounds best

After this I still have to lean the car out a touch for better gas mileage:up2somet:

Alright some new pics. i changed a couple things. New amps and head unit, and different subs.

I've got a Kenwood KDC-X794 mainly for USB/AUX

I also got 2 new SoundStream DTR amps. A DTR2200D for subs and a DTR4.500 for doors.

I have the 4 channel running semi active on the Eclipse 3 ways, its running the fronts to the mid/tweet on the passive and the mid is active on its own channels. Sounds pretty good!!

For wire I currently have 1 run of 4awg to the 4 channel and a run of 2awg to the Sub amp. Just a single Diehard Platinum 75AH(930cca) batt up front.

Still working on lots of stuff

1st time making fiberglass enclosures, came out OK as they are just pods to mount the mid/tweet on the dash and not look too silly. Obviously they are not finishied yet, have to sand/bondo/sand/paint.

SANY0315.jpg

SANY0313.jpg

SANY0317.jpg

SANY0323.jpg

SANY0320.jpg

On the subs I setteled on using 2 12's that take less airspace, SA12's which should do nicely and be able to give them more power to get metered(will change tuning also). The box will be simple with subs back and aeroport to the driver side. I dont have the subs yet, and the box is not even cut yet(trying to get that done this weekend). Basically the main concern was keeping trunk space for my golf clubs and having a pass through to the cabin for my skii's. I was running out of space so the DTR amps fit perfectly

My gauge cluster is out since I swapped all the interior lights to LED, blue infact(except the map lights) and the stock cluster doesnt have bulbs(I wish) just has soldered surface mount LED's. Have it ready on the bench for when the new LED's show up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.