02 trailblazer 2 15in. l7's

the 2 lil windows on the back door are very loose now from playing low notes from like i put on and such. when i push em with my finger now they move decently and squeak alot
you can shim the metal retaining clips to stop the sqeaking, there are 2 per window:D

Picture043.jpg

yay for trailblazer builds

ok picsss, box with the back put on and also the angled plate on the bottom.

1-1.jpg

same but painted

2-1.jpg

horizontal port put on

3.jpg

double baffle top being glued together still

4.jpg

vertical port put on

5.jpg

front piece put on

6.jpg

still have to finish cutting out the holes for the top piece and also putting in the top angled corner piece.

that will come tomorrow. but so far so good everythings sitting nice and flush. got a lil sloppy with the wood glue and silicone though

edit: also re-enforced each part of the port with 3 screws on each side so 12 total. and re-enforced the front piece with 3 screws on each side.

ok i repainted the ports again because my dumbass painted, then siliconed it oops lol. top is sitting on the box right now with over 250lbs of wait including 2 clamps on the front. going to pickup carpet now

update, box is complete. everything is put together, port painted, holes for the l7s cut out. Carpeting in a little bit since ive been working on it for the past 3 hours i figured id take a break. pics in a hour or so

Nicely done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And yea, if that's made to all specs I sent you...you wont be dissapointed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Btw...if you have time and just a little extra cash you might want to think about getting some fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat and fiberglassing the front panel on the inside, along with the first port piece for some added support/strength. Theyre just a bit large of panels to be unsupported.

So, maybe you could set it down on the face/port side of the enclosure and layer on some resin and mat (working through the sub holes) on the inside of the face, being careful to take care of any bubbles in the fiberglass...then let it dry and tip it back over onto it's base and fiberglass the first port piece..just an after-thought that I shouldve mentioned in the original designing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Nicely done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And yea, if that's made to all specs I sent you...you wont be dissapointed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Btw...if you have time and just a little extra cash you might want to think about getting some fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat and fiberglassing the front panel on the inside, along with the first port piece for some added support/strength. Theyre just a bit large of panels to be unsupported.

So, maybe you could set it down on the face/port side of the enclosure and layer on some resin and mat (working through the sub holes) on the inside of the face, being careful to take care of any bubbles in the fiberglass...then let it dry and tip it back over onto it's base and fiberglass the first port piece..just an after-thought that I shouldve mentioned in the original designing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
well i braced the front panel with screws around it, i was thinking while puttin it together "thats one big piece for just glue to hold" lol it should work out fine. now i cant wait for my new **** motor to be in my car

also screwed down the ports on the side

ok well since im pretty much done and just waiting on the truck to be back. im thinkin of so more ideas to do to the box. since the sides are not carpeted yet i was thinking of doing a hammered metal black on the sides, and raised lettering on the front saying l7. maybe pics later if i work on this tonight

well the trailblazer will be officially ready for this come friday or saturday by the latest. new engines already in just waiting on the intermediate shaft and a right axle

hope the new motor works good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.