YELLOWTOP OPTMIA BATTERIES - which one will fit?

You can answer your own question simply by opening the hood of your car or the compartment your battery is located in and finding the group size number on the battery.

3 years? what kind of battery life do you expect? I would be happy with 3 years, unless you have enough batteries you just abuse them anyways.
From a yellowtop? At least 5.

Back then, the warranty was only one year. Now the warranty lasts 3 years, so it looks like they should last 3 years easily, but mine sure didn't

I didn't recommend another brand, because I only recommend brands I have personal experience with, and the battery I am using currently hasn't withstood the test of time yet.

i have a 2007 ford taurus se, and what are the battery dimensions for my car? i would like to get a yellowtop but the site says only one red top will fit? can you guys help me find a yellowtop that will fit and push 1000 rms
XS Power S3400 would probably fit, I have an Impala and thats what I use. Along with my 270xp I can run ~2kw with no problems

From a yellowtop? At least 5.
Back then, the warranty was only one year. Now the warranty lasts 3 years, so it looks like they should last 3 years easily, but mine sure didn't

I didn't recommend another brand, because I only recommend brands I have personal experience with, and the battery I am using currently hasn't withstood the test of time yet.
Oh I guess I just expect to not get the full life out of a battery I could be abusing. Our situations might be different you could have a whole bunch of batteries in your ride to treat the batteries better. I know with mine I just expect it to fail roughly about the time of the warranty.

Any lead acid battery that is undercharged will have a shortened life span. Overcharge will also kill it and neither are covered under a warranty anyway. If your audio system pulls more than your alternator puts out you should get a charger (I would get one anyway). Why? An alternator will not fully charge your batteries and the part of the battery that gets continually undercharged gets lost due to sulfation and it works its way down from there. You can cut this loss into a fraction of what it would otherwise be by using a charger. Other things that kill batteries are not driving your car and not fully charging the battery and then leaving it hooked up in the car. Disconnecting the battery or putting it on a maintainer charger is the best as this stops pro longed parasitic drain. Other things that lead to shorter lifespans are ground loops in the charging system and not paying attention to blown fuses in your power wire until the battery is drained down past 10 volts and then waiting way to long to put it on a charger. It is also not a good idea to try to let your alternator charge up a dead battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.