Wooo! Alternator :D

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
aka dont put a 16v alt on your 12v ride //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and i believe the idea of any alt for any car is flawed.

so if you get a 16v alt you need a 16v batt up front? or something to lower the voltage?
It is more of less the regular electronics on your car (lights, interior, dash, engine electronics, etc.) are all designed to run off of 12v. 16v can ruin a car since it is not actually designed for it.

That is why you see a lot of people run 2 alts at 16v and 1 at 12v to keep that from happening.

or you have people like what i will be doing if i decide to go into the mod classes.

running a single alt with an external regulator turned up to just over 18v with step down converter between the batt upfront and the alt to let the car's systems run properly

or you have people like what i will be doing if i decide to go into the mod classes.
running a single alt with an external regulator turned up to just over 18v with step down converter between the batt upfront and the alt to let the car's systems run properly
How much do one of those run ya??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.