Why does everyone bash JL for their prices?

It's hard to even come up with an answer. You want me to describe what you're missing? If you can't tell the difference between a woofer burping at 46hz and a woofer reproducing a flat response from 20hz to 100hz thats your own problem. Go back to your vanilla ice albums. i don't know what to tell ya.

Do all SQ guys drive around playing 20-100 Hz sine sweeps because they know their woofers sound so much better than everyone else's?

I actually listen to music; not just tones. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Once again, your argument is invalid.

flat?

older lms models and PG titanium elite Ftw.

subsonic?

still the audiopulse and older tc lms drivers along with the PG titanium elite

Although i wouldnt mind a dub8 21

EDIT: i tune at 22 FYI:eek:

Another x is overpriced thread...

Personally I think their all robbers who mark up sh*t way too high, build something for 150 with labor, sale it to the shop for 400, and retail for 800 or more. This is the business we practice, and yes its a thieving one, but welcome to america folks

Is JL overpriced and overhyped? yes.Does JL make a solid product?Definitely.Some people on here probably have never ran JL to be able to do a comparison to other subs just as some have run nothing but JL and can't do a fair comparison either.I've ran JL before along with countless other subs.as far as spl goes there are comparable/better subs for the money and on the sq side the same thing.as far as quality goes,there are other companies that offer great quality and better warranties than JL.JL makes solid products,but as with anything there is better out there and there is worse;but it all comes down to personal preference.if JL works for your application,that's great.

JL is a solid company, but not for me. Im into SPL. I am a mid 20s male who listens to rap at high volumes...so SQ isnt my priority...maybe when Im in my 40s and Im bumpin some jazz or something, then I might consider JL....but until then, Im trying to shake the ground, and JL is not gonna do it for me.

Do all SQ guys drive around playing 20-100 Hz sine sweeps because they know their woofers sound so much better than everyone else's?
I actually listen to music; not just tones. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Once again, your argument is invalid.
Who mentioned sweeps?

Another x is overpriced thread...
Personally I think their all robbers who mark up sh*t way too high, build something for 150 with labor, sale it to the shop for 400, and retail for 800 or more. This is the business we practice, and yes its a thieving one, but welcome to america folks
Thieving? Hardly. Nobodys forcing you to buy products. They're doing you a favor, in fact, by encouraging you to avoid spending money that you obviously don't have.

by "music" you mean rap music? Boxes tuned a 40hz where most cars have alot of gain sound ridiculous on most normal non rap music. Anyway I like my music loud, but I also like it to sound good, the way it's actually supposed to sound. If one frequency range can only get to 128db's then IMO, the car can't realistically do much over a 130 on music. Ported tuned high gives you alot of gain from 40-50hz where there is alot of audible bass, but you can't keep up with that ANYWHERE else. It's like turning up the treble on stock speakers to make them louder, yeah it kinda does, but not really.

Anyway JL does make good gear. The speakers have very quiet suspensions (can't say that about most SPL subs), can handle a reasonable amount of power, and offer relatively low distortion figures. I'd put money if you put a w7 and any of the other forum SPL boners on a klippel or Dumax you'd see that for actually playing music, the w7 is a much better engineered driver. That all being said, unless I can get one second hand I wouldn' run one as there are too many small internet companies that do make comparable gear for SQ purposes.

Anyway the nice thing about a SQ car is that you can literally put anything into it and it sounds good. I can listen to Jazz, classical, rock, pop, techno, anything and it sounds just fine. Sure when I play rap or techno I tend to turn the bass up, but oh well. I had some kids who were SPL oriented in my car a few days ago actually and we were listening to thriller. The passenger actually turned his head as he realized the opening walk was moving across the stage like it's supposed to from pillar to pillar. I was also running it full range at about 115db's so the opening was pretty intense lol. After that they actually asked me to play some rock music so they could hear what that kind of full range clean SPL sounded like on a good recording with some good drum beats.

Once you get a system that is half way setup for SQ you realize how "noisy" most systems sounds. Mids out of phase, tweeters just kinda blaring.. No staging to speak of (once your used to being able to actually pick out instrument locations and have a defined left right and center, not having it *****, I swear). There's no reason a system like that can't be ****ed loud either.

Some of the better SQ cars I've sat in could actually **** near reproduce a concert. To do this requires SQ and SPL, you have to be able to get loud, but keep all frequencies in balance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.