Which 4-door sports car ?

4 door sports car....is that not an oxymoron?
No.. That award goes to the H22 powered Accord idea. If you're doing a motor swap, you're doing it for significant power gains and/or the potential bolt-on power upgrades. The H22 is not a route to take for such a goal considering they were made with F22's in that era. If you must go older Honda 4-cylinder performance, it's a BxxC series motor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif VTEC is nothing more than a valve timer. Hundreds of vehicles come with them. Don't throw out a suggestion just because Honda makes the H22 with VTEC and Nissan 'only' has NVCS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-Bill-

i see people suggesting caprices/ impalas......but ima a ford man so i say go for a merc. marauder.........its 4door, its very aggressive looking w/ dual exaust and 17" wheels stock, and its packing a 4.6 dohc under the hood!!! same as stangs and lincoln mark8's (what i dream for). you may have to either go up on your budget or haggle a little but it is worth the room, luxury, and performance all in one car.

I'm going to go with the Subaru Impreza 2.5RS or 2.5i. You can get them for 14,000 or less depending on your area (The more snow your area gets, the higher a premium they will hold). Heck, if your into cars, get an old Impreza L with a 5 speed for 4K. Buy an STi engine with ecu, trans, intercooler, radiator, etc.... for roughly 5k total. Your at $9,000. Now, buy a full Sti Dash processing unit and retrofit to dash. That's about another 300$. Go to local machine shop, have custom exhaust mandrel bent for >500$. Buy appropriate Drive axles, driveshaft. (All these things can be found on NASIOC.com classifieds usually for dirt cheap!). Swap in some aftermarket suspension goodies, SSR Type-C 16x7 with Some Goodyear Eagle F1's, and you have a car that will walk all over stock Evo's and STi's on the straights or on the track for sub 14,000$.

That's alot of work, but if I had 14K to use towards a car that wasn't financing, I would do this in a heartbeat. The weight you save between the 2.2Liter Impreza versus the new STi is staggering when it comes to performance.

Also, Subaru is highly known for engine reliability and the Dogbox STi tranny is in bed with the Dogbox Rally stuff. Subarus are REAL easy to work on without any annoying engine bay trays or weird bolts to worry about. Oil changes are ridiculously easy, starter is easy to access, differential are easy, getting to transmission is easy. Only semi hard part is pulling the heads off because they are horizontal ass opposed to vertical or slanted.

Newer Subaru Legacy= teh sex:veryhapp:.

My 06' Leggy:

l_6d588a49ca7f302d3d4808cff5ad52c3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.