06 LS430 Door speakers,Tweeter and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dolo180

CarAudio.com Newbie
Al
Hey all looking to replace my factory door speakers with something really good also looking to add two tweeters also.And lastly I want to replace my factory amp to run the door speakers but I’d also like to add a sub much much later any ideas?

Hey all looking to replace my factory door speakers with something really good also looking to add two tweeters also.And lastly I want to replace my factory amp to run the door speakers but I’d also like to add a sub much much later any ideas?
For the speakers depending how loud you want I would go with ds18 speakers they have all kinds of options just depends what size and loud. Right now I have the ds18 pro zt6 about $80 a pair and the tweeters are bulit into the speaker. Just really depends how loud Amp I would go with either sundown or ds18 I have a sundown amp running my subs and it's awesome but they also have a 4 channel amp. I have a ds18 amp running my pro zt6 and it's awesome only down fall is it gets hot sometimes during the summer so would have to watch that or buy some amp fans also.

Car year, make, model and trim.
OEM system that the car has or the aftermarket head unit in use.
Listening preferences, loud and proud, loud and obnoxious, loud with ear towards sound quality being the preference.
Your installation skill level
Deadening considerations
There are a myriad of options for speakers and for amplification, without knowing any of the this other information, kind of pointless to be specific in recommendations. ;)

Budget.

Car year, make, model and trim.
OEM system that the car has or the aftermarket head unit in use.
Listening preferences, loud and proud, loud and obnoxious, loud with ear towards sound quality being the preference.
Your installation skill level
Deadening considerations
There are a myriad of options for speakers and for amplification, without knowing any of the this other information, kind of pointless to be specific in recommendations. ;)

Budget.
06 Lexus LS430 Base Model
OEM pioneer system
Loud with ear towards quality
Will not be installing lol

Okay, looks like you have corner dash options but I don't know what size. Assume that 1 inch tweeters can go there.

The front & rear doors allow for up to 6.75" drivers.

Trunk, sub of your choosing that will fit (size and budget)

Do we want just front staging or do we like rear fill (four doors instead of just the front?)

What is the budget?

Okay, looks like you have corner dash options but I don't know what size. Assume that 1 inch tweeters can go there.

The front & rear doors allow for up to 6.75" drivers.

Trunk, sub of your choosing that will fit (size and budget)

Do we want just front staging or do we like rear fill (four doors instead of just the front?)

What is the budget?
Trunk sub will have to mount off to the side as I’m going to do an air ride setup.

All four doors will be getting new speakers

Entire budget can be no more than 3000 at the most.

Assuming you're going to keep the Pioneer HU, we'll go from there. You'll need a harness to retain functionality with any of the phone or factory steering wheel audio/phone functions.

Harness $50 - $100

Wiring and cables
$150

Front speakers. For the money. CDT, Polk MM and NVX "X" series are solid performes.

Reg. $500 on sale for $299

Rear

Front Polk $220

Rear $120

NVX "X" Series

$149

Rear

I've got the "X" series NVX comps and coaxials, BNIB $225 shipped to cont us.

Amp

$305

Deadending treatment for your doors and floors 2 packs at $70 ea.

$140

The sub is a bit of anomaly. Looks like you can replace the one in the car, it's an 8" sub but requires some modification to get it to work. Better with that 5 channel amp:

On sale $190

In one of these wherever you can fit it in the trunk.

$119

That is a pretty decent setup no matter how you dice it up.

That would be the budget setup.

Up to that 3K mark, i'd consider a 6 channel DSP, seperate amps, a 4 channel and a dedicated sub or an amp with integrated DSP.

IF that is something you're interested in, let me know.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...