Where to get 6" aero port?

Okay one more question, Im new to aero ports. Say i have an enclosure with two 4" ports and i use 8" as my port diameter, and my total port length needs to be 30", i would make each 4" port 15" correct? (dum dum)

Okay one more question, Im new to aero ports. Say i have an enclosure with two 4" ports and i use 8" as my port diameter, and my total port length needs to be 30", i would make each 4" port 15" correct? (dum dum)
Whats your box specs.

No, using 8" in your measurements instead of 2 4's will not yield the same numbers.

2 4's is 25.12 square inches of port area

1 8" is 50.24 square inches of port area.

That will totally change what the calculated length would be.

Huh? What are you using to determine port length? If your using 8" as your diameter then your results will be skewed using 4" ports. two 4" ports doesn't equal one 8". In fact one 8" aero is double the area of two 4"....Futhermore, usually the online calculators are for each port. If the results were correct, it would be for each port.

i just dropped 50 on a 6" aero last week. sooo ******. i couldnt find it any cheaper than parts express either. 4 inch aeros are reasonably priced. the 6 inch are just ridiculous. lucky you, that you can just change to fours. =(

can any body answer me a question ? a box i have built recommends a 6" port 9"long .my question is does the port have to be all inside the the box .?if not will it affect the tuned freq ? any help thanks

Go to lowes or homedepot, buy big tube of 6" pvc for like 17$ then cut down to size , get heat gun and form flares with some type of circular bowl. like this -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.