whats sony's game plan?

No, they are actually doing pretty poorly there. The PS3 is a distant third in sales to the Wii and Xbox360 and has been since the day it launched. The PS3 actually came close to killing Sony at one point, they were teetering near bankruptcy before the sales finally picked up to a somewhat respectable, though still poor number.
Sales has NOTHING to do with quality. Like someone else said, compare the PS3 and 360 failure rate. The only reason 360 sells more is because it's consistently 100$ cheaper and appeals to a different gaming community. 360's failure rate is astounding, a recent poll showed that over HALF of 360 owners have had at least one console die on them. Those numbers are unacceptable. In the videogame industry I consider the PS3 to be the most powerful and reliable system out of the three. And yeah, I own all of them. So just because PS3 had a slow start, does not mean it's a failure. Their initial price point was a mistake but after the price drops and a new (much better) marketing campaign, it's doing fine.

But this has nothing to do with the thread. The OP was talking about quality. The 360 beating the PS3 has nothing to do with quality, its personal preference of the buyers. More 360's are dieing than PS3's.
Sales has NOTHING to do with quality. Like someone else said, compare the PS3 and 360 failure rate. The only reason 360 sells more is because it's consistently 100$ cheaper and appeals to a different gaming community. 360's failure rate is astounding, a recent poll showed that over HALF of 360 owners have had at least one console die on them. Those numbers are unacceptable. In the videogame industry I consider the PS3 to be the most powerful and reliable system out of the three. And yeah, I own all of them. So just because PS3 had a slow start, does not mean it's a failure. Their initial price point was a mistake but after the price drops and a new (much better) marketing campaign, it's doing fine.
And I never said anything about the quality. You said Sony seems to be doing well in the video game industry, when in fact they are not. The quality may be better but who cares if it can't sell a reasonable amount of units. The fact still remains that the PS3 almost put Sony under and they are NOT doing well in the video game industry.

And I never said anything about the quality. You said Sony seems to be doing well in the video game industry, when in fact they are not. The quality may be better but who cares if it can't sell a reasonable amount of units. The fact still remains that the PS3 almost put Sony under and they are NOT doing well in the video game industry.
That's like comparing a Toyota Camry and a Ferrari. Ferrari must not be doing very well because even though their quality is better, they don't sell as many cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

That's like comparing a Toyota Camry and a Ferrari. Ferrari must not be doing very well because even though their quality is better, they don't sell as many cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Good comparison.

And I thought of one. If there is even an arguement that the 360 is better because it sells more, then:

I think I will sell my Sundown amps and buy some Sony Explodes!! I mean, come on, the Sony's must be better than Sundown, because Sony sells tons more Amps than Sundown!!!

Oh and lets discuss the pricing of the 360. I own both consoles. I have a PS3 and a xbox 360 Pro with 60GB hard drive. The PS3 was $399 at the time ($299 now), and the 360 was $299. BUT BUT BUT:

To get wireless on my 360 I have to pay $99 for the wireless adapter. Ok so now they costed me the same amount. OH CRAP, wait. To get rechargable controllers, I have to pay $19.99 for the adapter. Crap my 360 cost me more than my PS3. OH WAIT, I need to get online now, I mean all my friends are online. Guess I have to pay $50 for that.

Dang, that cheap 360 now costs me $150 more than my PS3. Oh crap and next year I have to pay that $50 again.

Dang, there goes the theory of a 360 is cheaper!!!

Good comparison.
And I thought of one. If there is even an arguement that the 360 is better because it sells more, then:

I think I will sell my Sundown amps and buy some Sony Explodes!! I mean, come on, the Sony's must be better than Sundown, because Sony sells tons more Amps than Sundown!!!

Oh and lets discuss the pricing of the 360. I own both consoles. I have a PS3 and a xbox 360 Pro with 60GB hard drive. The PS3 was $399 at the time ($299 now), and the 360 was $299. BUT BUT BUT:

To get wireless on my 360 I have to pay $99 for the wireless adapter. Ok so now they costed me the same amount. OH CRAP, wait. To get rechargable controllers, I have to pay $19.99 for the adapter. Crap my 360 cost me more than my PS3. OH WAIT, I need to get online now, I mean all my friends are online. Guess I have to pay $50 for that.

Dang, that cheap 360 now costs me $150 more than my PS3. Oh crap and next year I have to pay that $50 again.

Dang, there goes the theory of a 360 is cheaper!!!
People don't realize that because up front the 360 costs less...but yeah if you compare them side by side, the PS3 kills the 360 in features. You forgot the fact that in order for the 360 to be able to play HD media (HD-DVD when it was still alive) was another $150, while the PS3 comes standard with a blu-ray player.

In fact the xbox uses old technology (dvd's). PS3 games can be up to 50gb while 360 is limited to a dual layer dvd (8gb).

Like I said though, I still own both...I just hardly ever play my 360 (or my Wii for that matter) and have NEVER paid for live...

I didn't even think of the Blue Ray part of it!!

Have you noticed your 360 is A LOT louder than your PS3? My 360 is just sitting, turned on right now, and its loud. The wife is really annoyed with it.

Terrible comparison. Ferrari selling their cars doesn't almost bankrupt them whereas the PS3 was extremely close to bankrupting Sony. I am sorry, there is no possible way to argue that the PS3 is more successful than the 360, even trying to do so shows fanboyism.

Your further arguments that the 360 is actually more expensive even hamper your argument farther. So now you are saying that the Ferrari cost is outselling the Civic and the Civic almost put it's company out of business, great argument I have to say, lol, thanks for proving my point 100%.

Terrible comparison. Ferrari selling their cars doesn't almost bankrupt them whereas the PS3 was extremely close to bankrupting Sony. I am sorry, there is no possible way to argue that the PS3 is more successful than the 360, even trying to do so shows fanboyism.
Your further arguments that the 360 is actually more expensive even hamper your argument farther. So now you are saying that the Ferrari cost is outselling the Civic and the Civic almost put it's company out of business, great argument I have to say, lol, thanks for proving my point 100%.
Good job at ignoring the rest of the arguement that Sony beats Microsoft in cost!!!

Good job at ignoring the rest of the arguement that Sony beats Microsoft in cost!!!
No, if you would read what I said carefully you will see that I am saying that according to you the 360 costs more, yet it still outsells the PS3, I would say that means the PS3 is an even bigger failure than I originally stated then.

No, if you would read what I said carefully you will see that I am saying that according to you the 360 costs more, yet it still outsells the PS3, I would say that means the PS3 is an even bigger failure than I originally stated then.
Which still has nothing in the world to do with quality and cost.

So like I said, I will sell my sundown amps. I mean Sony explode outsells Sundown, and Sundown costs more, so Sundown must be a huge failure.

Your logic about this makes ZERO SENSE. It has been stated many times in this thread that people buy Sony because if the name brand. But more 360's sell than PS3's. So obviously those statements must be wrong. And just because more 360s sell than PS3s, does not mean xbox is better than PS3. Because if it does, then this entire argument and thread is wrong. Because people are arguing quantity over quality.

You got proof for that? Sony is a HUGE company...I'm thinking they could lose a few bucks and still be fine...

Besides, I even said the 360 costs less up front which is why it sells more. When the average person compares the two consoles they can't tell the difference in quality so of course they're going to buy the cheaper console. The point about the 360 costing more in the long run is because people don't know of those costs when they make their initial purchase. They don't know that to get the most of out of the console they have to spend $200+ extra. I'm not trying to argue that PS3 is more successful, but you can't just base that solely on sales figures, because like the other guy said, that would make the Sony Xplod the most successful subwoofer on the market right now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.