whats sony's game plan?

I don't see why sony TV's are so good. They break fairly easily, and when they break, you have to bring them to an "authorized sony repair shop" to get warranty repair.In my case, this "authorized sony repair shop" happened to be 300 and some miles away.

/rant
ive had a sony tv in my house for about a year or two now and has had no problems, but its also their top of the line tv. i think their TVs and playstations are pretty much the only thing they put any effort into at all, the home audio isnt the best, but it is above the quality of their car audio. and doesnt sony have like a record company also? that could also be what helps keepin them from goin under.

my wife's sony laptop was terrible, would get so hot the glue holding the ac jack melted and you could no longer charge the dern thing without holding the cord in by hand.

they were great back in the day, not so much now IMO

Okay check this out, lets say yourself in general starts a business as follows,

Home Entertainment = 2 Million in Example

Car Stereo = 1 Million

Laptop Desktops = 10 Million

TVs = 20 Million

Everything Else = A lot more

They could **** as bad as Vizio or whatever that brand is at wal mart and no one would notice because they have been around long enough to own so much that everyone thinks the BRAND is the way to go. IE Sundown / Rockford???

In another thought could also be?? Maybe that they have tried to expand too much?? Explains poor quality?? Or that their internal structure and or managment for disperssment of funding is poor in certain departments??

I dunno who here works for Sony in the corporate level??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

In the tube days, Sony had televisions that were very difficult to beat. I'm sure its not that way now.

Keep in mind that retail product is probably secondary to Sony - they do *a lot* of OEM work for other companies.

no actually i didnt buy a mac or ipod or iphone. im not a big fan of copy protected media and buttraping by apple.

i punched it because i had so many issues with it beeing incompatible and extremely dumb computer. and very flimsy also.

i dropped it once (while it was in a computer bag) from about 14" height. the laptop bag latch opened. and the whole **** corner fell off. and cracked the screen corner plastic

hows that for quality lol.

i mentioned quality( is very random) i had a t616 SE phone ran it over twice with my car. picked it up it was still on and functioning perfectly, dropped it many times, then finally washed and dried it. i heard my ringtone because someone was calling it. found it in a dryer while it was drying my clothes...

answered the call and then saw that the phone was still full of water .

had 2 more sony phones that turned out to be garbage..

i still see older sony cd players that hold up and sound great.

so quality is quality doesnt matter who makes it. but i do like sony's design for alot of things.

I will put it like this.. You buy sony for the name.. They are pretty much like a scammer on here.. make a name for themselves then **** you over.. but in there case with shitty equipment later.. not to say they don't make good **** still but there isn't a huge crowd buying expensive **** so they sell to the mass majority of people.. think about how many people you know of that have/had explodes? hell I have a sony radio in my room and an old on from like 10 years ago in my bathroom. They do exactly what I want.. hell even there cheap amps do some work.. Hell i had one of there two channels a xm2002gtr bridged running my 2 12w6s at 1ohm!! if I had the electrical for it, it woulda been fine.. hell the only thing that was happening was the inline fuse by the batt kept popping as it was a 60 amp.. it took the pounding..

I'll say this, if you buy cheap Sony products they will preform like cheap Sony products.

I've had a lot of Sony computers and they have outlasted many Dell or Acer computers.

Sony cans are pretty kick ass. Ever heard of an MDR-7506 or MDR-V6? Some of the most popular, durable, and great sounding mixing/road/music cans out there and I've tried a lot of cans. I've had a **** load of earbuds too and I love my Sony MDR-EX90LP. I usually go through earbuds yearly but I've had these for almost 2 years.

Their TVs are very high quality, unless you buy the **** low line ones. The ES line of HT equipment is very high quality as well.

Oh and ever hear of the PS3? Or Blue-Ray?

Why don't they make good car audio gear anymore? No room for quality in a quantity market. Basically, most of the market is filled with pimpled faced 16 year old teens who know nothing about anything.

i dont think the issue is that sony is cheaping out, i think the issue is that the only sony stuff you look at is the cheap stuff. They sell a lot of cheap stuff because people think "look, its sony, its gotta be good", and they make profit off of it.

However, look around, they also sell some very high end equipment, it just comes with a fat ass price tag.

I'll say this, if you buy cheap Sony products they will preform like cheap Sony products.

I've had a lot of Sony computers and they have outlasted many Dell or Acer computers.

Sony cans are pretty kick ass. Ever heard of an MDR-7506 or MDR-V6? Some of the most popular, durable, and great sounding mixing/road/music cans out there and I've tried a lot of cans. I've had a **** load of earbuds too and I love my Sony MDR-EX90LP. I usually go through earbuds yearly but I've had these for almost 2 years.

Their TVs are very high quality, unless you buy the **** low line ones. The ES line of HT equipment is very high quality as well.

Oh and ever hear of the PS3? Or Blue-Ray?

Why don't they make good car audio gear anymore? No room for quality in a quantity market. Basically, most of the market is filled with pimpled faced 16 year old teens who know nothing about anything.
gah, beat me to it, i guess i shoulda read all the posts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Without reading the article, I'd say Sony is doing pretty good in the videogame industry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sony TV's are among the best rated in consumer reports.Idk if they persoanlly sponser those surveys but they are. And nearly every house i walk into has a sony big screen HDTV so they do have that along with PSP/PS3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.