What subs to buy. 12'', i have 1200 watt 1 ohm stable amp

As far as most people that have 12's that want play low its due to them using prefab boxes, sealed, or have a high tuning for burp purposes.. Not trying to be a prick just telling the truth..
That's exactly what I'm saying..most people don't try customizing their setups to the point where they're building 100% custom boxes, and therefore most people don't have 12s playing at frequencies

And to be honest, I disagree when you say brand doesn't matter..a sony x-plod isn't going to hit as hard as a SKAR in the same box.

That's exactly what I'm saying..most people don't try customizing their setups to the point where they're building 100% custom boxes, and therefore most people don't have 12s playing at frequencies  

they are trying to tell you that a 12 sounds exactly the same as a 15 though. the only difference (if its the same woofer) is it will have a lower fs and more cone area.

And to be honest, I disagree when you say brand doesn't matter..a sony x-plod isn't going to hit as hard as a SKAR in the same box.
Never said it would but can a sony explode in the right box with the right power play in the 20hz range??? Sure can...

Never said it would but can a sony explode in the right box with the right power play in the 20hz range??? Sure can...

You just said brand doesn't matter..

Nevermind. I'm never buying anything that says X-Plod on it anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

You just said brand doesn't matter..

Nevermind. I'm never buying anything that says X-Plod on it anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
When it comes to playing in the 20hz range or hell even the 30hz range brand does not matter. 99.9% of the subs on the market can play these freq so to say u must buy brand X if u wanna play low is not truthful or you must buy size X to play low. Are all subs equal no never said they were. Not trying to argue just saying 10's and even 8's "in the right enclosure and power" can play just as low as any 18 or 15. People might think u need 15-18's to play low cause thats the myth that lives in this hobby but time after time its been proven to be just that a MYTH..

When it comes to playing in the 20hz range or hell even the 30hz range brand does not matter. 99.9% of the subs on the market can play these freq so to say u must buy brand X if u wanna play low is not truthful or you must buy size X to play low. Are all subs equal no never said they were. Not trying to argue just saying 10's and even 8's "in the right enclosure and power" can play just as low as any 18 or 15. People might think u need 15-18's to play low cause thats the myth that lives in this hobby but time after time its been proven to be just that a MYTH..
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/537781-bigger-subs-hit-lower-discussion.html

I don't know. I realize the majority of subs are capable of hitting low, but I was at the assumption that 15s and 18s could achieve those lows much easier...

all goes by the specs of a sub many subs are not designed for below the 30hz range. Generally the bigger the sub the lower the fs so that is where the whole playing lower scenario comes in play.
Right. However, he's arguing the point that practically any sub is capable of going below 20hz.

Right. However, he's arguing the point that practically any sub is capable of going below 20hz.
they are lol but output wise and longlevity are other things that would have to be considered. But simply any sub can play below 20hz but many will play better and in technical terms louder.

they are lol but output wise and longlevity are other things that would have to be considered. But simply any sub can play below 20hz but many will play better and in technical terms louder.
Exactly..

Exactly..
well would you were saying was 15's play lower and that statement with proper justification is not right. Plenty of 12's have better stats for being in a lower tuned boxes but overall the output of the same sub a 15 vs 2 12's of it the two 12's will be louder lower do to cone area alone in the same tuned box to specs.

without a proper box no sub is going to play the lows proper so your whole argument about bigger subs play lower but in any box is nt correct just sayin

well would you were saying was 15's play lower and that statement with proper justification is not right. Plenty of 12's have better stats for being in a lower tuned boxes but overall the output of the same sub a 15 vs 2 12's of it the two 12's will be louder lower do to cone area alone in the same tuned box to specs.
I apologize if that was the tone I set on the conversation, I was trying to defend the fact that 15s will play lower more easily, and might sound better doing it, depending on the setup.

..a sony x-plod isn't going to hit as hard as a SKAR in the same box.
Maybe..if the Sony required a total diff enclosure..Id never run those personally, but trust me when I say, given the right enclosure, they will "hit" as good as any other sub.

Dont get caught up in brands/publications. Go by user reviews and your own personal experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.