What subs to buy. 12'', i have 1200 watt 1 ohm stable amp

aron_ft

I have two Cvr dvc 4 ohm subs. im running them at 1 ohm off of a Hifonics brutus brz 1200.1 amp. i want to upgrade. the Cvr are only 450 rms. i want some subs that hit harder, and deeper. what should i invest in. i have about 400 to blow on two subs. would i be better off selling my amp and buying a bigger one also? any suggestions welcome, i just want something louder then i have. i cant fit 15's in my car. its in a sealed box also. Thanks for any help you can be. i want two 12's.

Unless you get a new box, you probably won't see any difference switching subs.

You can get a pair of Skar VVX 12s + a custom ported box for like $390, but I think the 12s may be out of stock for now. Unless you plan on spending money on a custom enclosure, the skars would be worth waiting.

I have two Cvr dvc 4 ohm subs. im running them at 1 ohm off of a Hifonics brutus brz 1200.1 amp. i want to upgrade. the Cvr are only 450 rms. i want some subs that hit harder, and deeper. what should i invest in. i have about 400 to blow on two subs. would i be better off selling my amp and buying a bigger one also? any suggestions welcome, i just want something louder then i have. i cant fit 15's in my car. its in a sealed box also. Thanks for any help you can be. i want two 12's.
maybe 2 skar vvx's or 2 obsidians. sa sundowns. all pretty comparable. idk if the aa havoc is in that price range. or a ssa product. look into those i guess

EDIT: Double Post FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem isn't your subwoofer setup - it's your box. It needs to be vented/ported, that'll give off louder bass.

If you don't have room for 2 12s in a ported box, try 1 15. I realize you want 2 12s, but a little open-mindedness can go a long ways.

For a while, I thought I'd never have anything but 12s. But a 15 in the right enclosure gives me eargasms that the 12s could simply never deliver...

Your problem isn't your subwoofer setup - it's your box. It needs to be vented/ported, that'll give off louder bass. 

If you don't have room for 2 12s in a ported box, try 1 15. I realize you want 2 12s, but a little open-mindedness can go a long ways.

For a while, I thought I'd never have anything but 12s. But a 15 in the right enclosure gives me eargasms that the 12s could simply never deliver...
2 12's and one 15 will need pretty close to the same space...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.