What sub is this?

Talbot

Maine
Hey everyone,

Yesterday my buddy gave an old sub that was just sitting in his basement. He has no idea what the exact model it is. All we know is that it is a Rockford Fosgate Punch HC and looks to be 12". The enclosure is made by Q logic. Here is a picture.

sub.jpg

So obviously I'm a noobie when it comes to car audio and subs... but I need to figure out what it is before I can do anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Take it out of the box and look at what it says on the motor,or post pics of the sub out of the box for us, looks like an hx2 or a power from the pic but cant really tell with the grill over the cone.

Ok I'll get a picture tomorrow. It is dark out currently and I wouldn't be able to get a good picture anyway.

How would I open the enclosure? The only screws that are on it are the ones my buddy put in for the handles...

Ok so first off. I did say Punch HC in my first post. But I did take the grill thing off and saw that it looks more the Punch HE.

Here is a picture:

photo.jpg

The he isnt bad. It has many of the same parts as the hx2. I believe they are 400rms/800max. In a decent box with some good power, it will sound good and get loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.