What sub is a decent upgrade from an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D?

N8er
10+ year member

Long story short, I've had the Kappa Perfect 10 for about a year or two, it's been in a sealed .85 cu ft box, it started to die, so I bought a Skar VVX10, built a box for it, super happy with it though I missed the sq the Infinity had. So I fixed my tinsel lead issue with the Infinity, and popped it into my new box (1.5cu ft, tuned to 35 Hz with an 18in aero port 4in diameter, 6in flares) and it sounded phenomenal! I couldn't believe how good it sounded! Now my problem is that it's not going to last forever, so I am trying to find a sub with the same sq qualities my Infinity has, but louder (not a huge deal since the ported box made a HUGE improvement there) and can handle more power. It's getting between 4-500watts RMS right now.

I like my Skar, it does what I want very well, and I hope with some more power and breaking in it will sound closer to what I want. But I want to explore my options. The Dayton HO 10 caught my eye, but I don't know whats comparable to the Infinity Kappa Perfect. Thanks!

first of all the VVX is a 600 watt sub, most people drive that sub from 850 to over 1000 watts, you need to change your amp and give it more power and tune it low close to 30's

first of all the VVX is a 600 watt sub, most people drive that sub from 850 to over 1000 watts, you need to change your amp and give it more power and tune it low close to 30's
Thats funny you mention that. One of my buddies has a spare SAZ1500D that he's letting me play with for awhile. We just popped it in at lunch today (at work) so I'll play with that for the next few weeks to see if that changes my mind. The VVX needs to break in some more too. I know I want more power, I was over powering the Infinity by about 100watts, but under powering the VVX by as much. I'm either going to get an AQ1200, or this Sundown 1500. I can get an AQ cheaper, so we'll see. I might just **** it up and buy this 1500 from him.

I'll look into getting my Infinity fixed, I LOVE how it sounds, I'd really hate to throw it away, and they're so hard to find.

Not seeing any Perfects on there, just Reference.

The local dealer in town carries Hertz, I'm tempted to check them out, but they are a little out of my price range I think.

They also like to carry things on their website that are old and discontinued like the Boston G5s, I called about them about a yr ago.
I didn't know that. Typical. Is there anyplace you can get a G5 anymore? I know you have one. I've always wanted to try one out.

Is the new Infinity Kappa 100.9W any good? It looks like an evolution of the Kappa Perfect.
It's got a 5 star rating on Crutchfield but not a lot of reviews. I've seen that sub in person but I've not used one. They look amazing and the price is nice. If anyone wants one I can get 2 from my Infinity/JBL authorized distributor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.