Upgrade for my system

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I've built my system a few months ago.

I'm running 2 Pioneer Champion TS-W309S4 12" 2800 Watt Peak / 800 Watt RMS 4 Ohm subs. I'm powering that with a Sony Xplod 1000 watt 2 channel amp.

My doors are 4 Kicker - CS68 6" x 8" @ 225watt peak/ 75 RMS. I'm powering 4 of those with a Polk PA660- 4 channel 600 watt amp.

I am powering these amps with 2 1400watt max cable, running from the battery.

My question is: I want to upgrade. What subs will be a significant upgrade and what amp could I get to power those subs?

I was looking for something more powerful than my current system. Still sticking with 2 12's. My car is a 2007 Ford Focus. Budget: up to $400 or $500.

I am aware that i am not giving my 2 subs now what they need power wise, but if someone could recommend a good amp that'll be enough to handle those 2 subs, I would be thankful.

Change your power cable to OFC for starters if its not if your planning on running more than 1000watts... A single 12 in a proper enclosure would probably amaze you if powered correctly.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

You dont need an amp to handle subs, you need subs to handle an amp

It doesn't really matter. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I can old off on the 12's now that I think about it. I am still thinking of a 4,000 watt amp though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.