update on 08 kicker L7

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
some of you guys know that i bought the a 12" 08L7 last week and installed it to break it in. had the gains set at about 1/4 with no bass boost. as it broke in, it became a little louder (im guessing because the spider loosened up) and sounded good. by the end of the week, it was about 3/4 as loud as my 04 was with the gains up and bass boost goin to get it wangin.

tonight i went ahead and turned up the gain a little (on my ZX1000.1 btw) to less than half way. i got it to where the sub was wangin, then backed off some with still no bass boost. it sounds punchier, louder, more responsive, and cleaner than my 04 by far and i dont have to work the knobs or anything. i also installed some knukonceptz krystal signal cables a few days ago and i think that it helped make the bass more responsive. i played some "thug motivation 101" by jeezy, then some "talkin out the side of your neck" by dem franchise boyz. after about 3 minutes of jeezy's bass line, my ears started to hurt from the pressure and my phone jumped off of my console so i couldnt find it.

i will try to get ahold of a camera to show the window shaking, trunk pounding, and wanging soon.

But what is the advantage to bass boost? Why would you want to use it at all? its only going to be altering the response......

i feel that the bass boost makes it sound a little sloppier. im only using gain to get it moving. its about 1/3 the way and its moving pretty well. my trunk is taking a freaking beating. i shall get vids as soon as i can.

I feel as if the Bass boost was pointless then it would not be included on amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

in my case im alright. sub is moving well with gain at 1/3 and bass boost at 0. i can crank it a little more but i dont want to push the sub too hard yet. its already enough bass for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.