UPDATE!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
So finally tested my amps volts and it's staying at 13.87 volts so that means no alternator. The other thing all I'm seeing when I measure my amps output witch rn is putting out 1200 watts (i have the sundown SIA 3500D) bc of box rise so there's not much I can do with that. I'm changing the box so hopefully it changes but other then that I wanna thank everyone that's helped me I'm learning alot from everyone so thank you

That's so true hopefully with this bulit to spec box my box rise won't rise to 2 ohms hopefully it'll stay between 1 ohm and 1.5 ohms
When you get a box that is to spec for the subs you're going to use, it's a game changer. too many people use prefab boxes that are close. Can't stress enough that for subs (and other drivers like open back mids/midbass) the enclosure is an extension of the woofer.

I mean if you asked her and she said, well it was close - almost just doesn't cut it! D'oh!

That's so true hopefully with this bulit to spec box my box rise won't rise to 2 ohms hopefully it'll stay between 1 ohm and 1.5 ohms
Ive ran quite a few high powered 2 ohm sub stages that sounded and pounded amazingly. No Shame in running @2Ohms mono. Its actually alot cleaner as well as running @4 ohms. Ive even ran some heavy 4 ohm sub stages. Its all about the install and how its incorporated
for sure

When you get a box that is to spec for the subs you're going to use, it's a game changer. too many people use prefab boxes that are close. Can't stress enough that for subs (and other drivers like open back mids/midbass) the enclosure is an extension of the woofer.

I mean if you asked her and she said, well it was close - almost just doesn't cut it! D'oh!
I feel like bc right now it slams I can't imagine new box and then a bigger amp and battery I'm gonna be almost competition level

Ive ran quite a few high powered 2 ohm sub stages that sounded and pounded amazingly. No Shame in running @2Ohms mono. Its actually alot cleaner as well as running @4 ohms. Ive even ran some heavy 4 ohm sub stages. Its all about the install and how its incorporated
for sure
The flex is already insane can't imagine the new box and your right about 2ohm load it still slams can't wait for a bigger battery and amp I'll be set

Attachments

• Snapchat-1761656043.mp4
    14.7 MB
The flex is already insane can't imagine the new box and your right about 2ohm load it still slams can't wait for a bigger battery and amp I'll be set
Well, don't set expectations too high. you'll find out that when you reach a certain level, even a little bit more takes a whole lot more investe - it's the law of diminishing returns. You should expect a better sounding box for sure, not sure how much louder it will actually be, but it should sound better for sure.

Well, don't set expectations too high. you'll find out that when you reach a certain level, even a little bit more takes a whole lot more investe - it's the law of diminishing returns. You should expect a better sounding box for sure, not sure how much louder it will actually be, but it should sound better for sure.
Nothing comes close to the system in your imagination.

I'm not expecting alot the only thing I'm really expecting is for the air leaks to go away and the airleak riddle to go away

I'm not expecting alot the only thing I'm really expecting is for the air leaks to go away and the airleak riddle to go away
It's all good. Those boxes are excellent. Glue them well, seal them up, use good nuts and bolts for the subs themselves, do it right, you'll be rewarded for sure.
That box is the right size and tuned correctly, bout as good as it gets for the majority of builds.

Ive put together several of the GP Audio enclosures and have to say.. Some of the best affordable enclosures on the market and tuned excellent for the $. I think a 12 yr old could put one together to be honest. Those guys got it down.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...