Unrecognized wiring

117kentuckyave

Kentucky
I have two 2ohm dvc 12" solo baric l7s rated at 750watts rms and they are connected to a 1 ohm stable 4000watt class D planet audio mono amp. I know i cant drop the subs down to the 1ohm where the amp does the most power, as much as id like to. My options for a final ohm load are .5, 2 and 8 if im correct. Well.. I bought these already in the box and had all the wires ran. Its playing and sounding decent.. But when i took the speakers out of the box today and looked at the wiring configuration inside the sub box itself.. I got instantly confused. The dvcs are crosswired on each individual sub and i dont know if the subs are in series or parallel or what. The only time the two subs are interconnected to one another is in the speaker wire port on the amp... What is the ohm load that the factory has prewired my subs to? Is ultimately what i am trying to figure out. I badly need them to be at a 2ohm load.

Its dark out now. I will be sure to take and post pics first thing in the morning. In my mind. Two 12 inch solo baric square kickers should hit MUCH harder than they are now if they were truely dropped to a 2ohm load and receiving 2000watts@2ohm rms from a 4000watt class d anarchy. Correct me if im wrong. Hell, my Memphis 12s were louder. But they were on a 3000 watt class d anarchy dropped to 1 ohm. And the subs themsevles were 4ohm svc. Guess i just had a better amp and sub match with that set up.

Thats the thing. I dont even know if the subs are wired at 2ohms. I wanna say they are wired at 8. Ive never seen dvcs cross wired to each others positives and negatives on a single sub. Im far from an expert though, thats why im here. I guess ill just have to post the pics for you all to see for yourselves. Thanks.

They are wired to .5 ohm then...I doubt they are dual 2's. Have you checked anything with a DMM? That will put an end to all of the guessing...

From your explanation..this is how they are wired:

2_2ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.