Trade my Rockford for a Zapco?

budgetkiller
10+ year member

Chicago
Hey guys, I'm in a delema. I have a Sundown SA12 D2 currently running at 1 ohm off a Rockford Fosgate T500-1BD. It's a pretty good match but not as clean as I would like. It's looking like I can probably trade my amp for a Zapco Reference 750.2 which I could run my sub with at 4 ohms with slightly more power as well. I have a few questions that I'm struggling to find answers to, so here we go.

-would you trade? Why or why not?

-how much cleaner will the zapco sound?

-and lastly, how much more current will the Zapco draw?

This last question is important because I already struggle to run my Fosgate at full tilt without voltage drop issues. I have a larger battery and a big three but my stock alt. Is pretty weak. I can't find specs on how much current either one pulls and I'm not even sure what class amp the zapco is (class a/b???). Obviously at full tilt the zapco will draw more power, but how much more, and if I'm looking to go easy on my electrical will it draw significantly more power at a normal listening volume say, 200wrms? Thanks guys. Lot's of questions I know but you guys always come through. Thanks in advance!

I would go with the Zapco even if it didn't do specs. Cleaner and might be more efficient
I'm definitely leaning towards the zapco now. So, I'm not trying to be a noob here but does this zapco actually make rated? I kinda assumed it would be the amp it was but if I was to clamp it what kind of number would I see?

And thanks for the input everybody

You have something set wrong if you are struggling with the 500. They are not efficent at all but something is wrong
I'm not sure if it's clipping or it's just my imagination. Some people say it's the cleanest system they've ever heard but it sounds sloppy to me. Probably because I'm running 1 ohm.

I'm not sure if it's clipping or it's just my imagination. Some people say it's the cleanest system they've ever heard but it sounds sloppy to me. Probably because I'm running 1 ohm.
How "clean" are you expecting the SA to get. The SA line isn't geared towards complete sound quality. And imo sound quality from a subwoofer is kind of subjective.

I'd go with the Zapco definitely but if you're expecting to hear a huge difference I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.