Trade between shauncox26 and macsdad

I know the feeling. Fedex did the same thing with one of the Powerbass 3XL subs I traded. The box looked like they threw it of the loading dock. Friday was seven days and hopefully get this settled on Monday or Tuesday.

It showed up 3days late. The wodden crate I built was destroyed along with the sub. When I took the top cover for the crate to look at cone the whole crate and sub fell to pieces. Been on the phone and constant emails sending pics. I'm about fed up with ups. I sure wish they,had somewhere online I could put them on blast and post before and after pics. Straight inexcusable handling. The wood I used to support and hold the motor still was broked away. I used 3" deck screws where they would work and 2 1/2" were the longer screws would stick out the other side.. The only thing attached to the baffle the sub sat in was,the mounting holes and basket material immediately surrounding them. As they where all still screwed down. I managed to save the spiders cone and surround. One coil is internally shorted so I get no reading with my dmm. And the motor is still intact. They did however invent the best way to de cone a sub and save soft parts as it all pretty much fell apart when I took the top off. Only thing I had to do to remove recone assembly was cut the zip ties holding the direct leads in place.

It blew me away when I took it out of the box dude, how a sub that was packaged as well as Shaun did, could receive this amount of damage. The strangest thing about it is that the outside of the box showed no signs of the mayhem that had transpired within, I didn't even realize it was mucked up until I was taking the crate apart.

You can't even tell the basket belongs on a sub. I counted 22 pieces when I stripped it down. To anyone interested I have a cone, salvageable surround, spider pack, and motor for a 9515g for sale; or trade for a small mono. Pm for pricing and trades. As for you will bad as I hate to my baby will be,on its way hopefully monday as we got pulled off our apartments and placed at another job Monday. Hopefully it's in town and I van get her out at lunch. Take very good care and I want first dibs should you get tired of it.

Thank you sir. I am patiently awaiting her arrival. This dude is one stand up fellow, did everything in his power do insure that I am satisfied with our transaction, I would not hesitate to deal with him again. Be on the ready, there will soon be a crescendo bc2k in the classifieds.

Well, our transaction is now complete, the IA 20.1 arrived safe and sound. This is one beastly amp, nice clean, and full gutz, very streamlined chassis. Will prob hook her up this weekend. Thanx Shaun, nice doing business with you dude. Now I just have to get a box for these hdc's, and I will be in business.

Glad you like it buddy. Sorry you couldn't get the 9500, guess it worked out nicely for you though. You'll love that amp hope those hdcs sound good enough for you. Can't imagine going from the TCS to the hdcs and being happy sq wise. Now output might be similar.

I know what you mean, just wanted to try something different. I usually rearrange stuff every year or so, so we will see how long these 10s last.

kudos to both of you for being professional and resolving it regardless of how terrible UPS is. i know that makes me much more comfortable working with you guys because you're both stand up.

hopefully you get reimbursed for the damage

any way you could post pics of the damaged sub? I'm curious

I like using imgur, just copy paste or upload to imgur and use the img embed links (bbcode).

I'll pm you my number but i wont be able to post them until tomorrow ill be busy tonight going on a 4 hour drive.

bY7R16M.jpg

LYN1wFG.jpg

got em from @macsdad earlier but i was in the hospital while my mom was undergoing surgery.

anyway, damn that sub looks like it was dropped out of a plane lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

macsdad

10+ year member
boom-boom
macsdad
Trussville, Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied