time for a new headunit?

MetalHead888
10+ year member

MetalHead
NJ
when i turn the volume up it seems i dont get enough power to the speakers and they break up...of coarse amping the speakers would solve the problem but i dont have the money for another amp or to power a 2nd amp and everything else that comes along with it..would a new headunit fix this also? i was never fan of sony but it was in the car when i got it and i never changed it. if changing it is a good idea, what headunit should i look into?

Well i suppose if you change the H/U to something that puts out a lil more watts, that would help, but check you conections with your speakers and make sure that there not touching wires or anything.

as far as whatkinda H/U, thats up 2 u and what u like. Persoanly i like Alpine, or Clarion

if your looking for a cheap hu to get by for now I have 3 for sale. Prices are 50 plus shipping panasonic cd player 100 shipped jvc mp3 player remote etc or a high end sony with built in 10 gig hd for 250 plus shipping

if you get a head unit (and choose wisely) you'll go from 16 watts RMS to 18 watts RMS per channel. Does that sound like it's worth the money? Just get a cheap 2 channel amp. Anything external is better than anything internal.

i think im gonna start off with a new hu anyway because i really dislike the sony explod its not very versatile and ill get a much better sound from a differnt one its not like it distorts on low levels as of now i just like listening to music very loud...as for the amp im gonna have to wait on that for now

i think im gonna start off with a new hu anyway because i really dislike the sony explod its not very versatile and ill get a much better sound from a differnt one its not like it distorts on low levels as of now i just like listening to music very loud...as for the amp im gonna have to wait on that for now
Are you sure that its the HU, not your speakers???? but anyways, I new amp would work better. than an HU

btw... i have an old JVC double-DIN HU & lightning strike components... i want to make some upgrade... but which one should i get first? highend alpine HU or highend component?

its not the speakers....they are brand new alpine and pioneer....150 watt speakers should be able a max of 50 from my hu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.