How can I increase volume on my speakers with a low wattage headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Paris Clark

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I installed one of those android style touch screen radios in my car (I can find the exact one if needed but my question is pretty general) along with a sub system and now my bass is much louder than my mid audio because I didn’t realize the wattage output is so low in the new radio and lacks a good equalizer. It doesn’t get as loud as stock radio did (stock is busted so I can’t put it back in. It’s why I replaced). I actually went back and realized the listing on eBay doesn’t even mention watts. I’m not sure what my radio is rated. I know I have more potential in my speakers and can get it louder without blowing them. My question is this: how can I increase the volume without changing to a better radio? I actually really like the android screen. I want to try and work around the issue instead of finding a better radio. That amp proves to me I can get more out of it. Ive thought about connecting a separate amp and wiring my cars original speakers in because I’m pretty sure my subs amp would blow them. It’s something I could do with enough googling but I was recommended an epicenter which looking into it is something I’d love to install for other reasons but I’m not sure if it will help solve my issue. I don’t know if I can just increase the gain on just mid levels or however that would work. I’m not super educated on any of this. Anyways I’m just trying to get some ideas. Advice is very much appreciated!!!

what ^ said.

amp gain setting info, test tones are at the very bottom...

other good stuff to know...

long read, but good read about "tuning"... https://testgear.audiofrog.com/wp-c...Process-and-Some-Notes-About-Why-it-Works.pdf

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...