They stole EVERYTHING

freakin A man...i'm sorry. I know how it feels. My **** wasn't stolen, it was bashed in. I sympathize... at least on a brighter note, we can all help you build a new stealth system! I do hope you find some of your ****. At least your headunit..my christ thats a nice unit.
i think i remember the pics u posted of your truck gettin tagged by what looked like could have been a hammer like 23908580923 times! ever get everything all cured up with that??

for an alarm go with the viper 5900VX hard wired. i couldnt even lean on my truck without it going off. get Pa speakers also, or train horns hooked to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

we can all help you build a new stealth system! I do hope you find some of your ****. At least your headunit..my christ thats a nice unit.
Yeah, I was really proud of that HU. But now I doubt I'll ever install something that obviously expensive. It performed great to boot.

I've already started looking into the replacements, along with the help of some car audio savy buddies. I have been looking at a Kicker 4-channel amp, to mount behind the back seat, though I am not sure how that install is done yet. I am not sure about the sub, thinking about an Image Dynamics. On the next install, everything is getting bolted down, and if I build the sub box right, I can make it so the entire back seat has to be removed to get the sub out.

That really *****. Freaking haters came and saw what you had and just took it not knowing how hard you work for your system. Hopefully something awful happens to whoever stole your stuff.

To the OP, man I am sorry that happened to you. I have only had the misfortune of having one of my cars broken into and it really bummed me out because they stole my CD case and I was a DJ at the time. What really pissed me off the most was that they broke my window and the car wasn't even locked.

Now I will offer up a couple of suggestions. First of all, try to get some security screws or some odd screws/bolts to mount your equipment down with. The downside to this is that a thief may ruin your equipment trying to take it. My philosophy is if I can't have it they won't even have the satisfaction of taking it!

Next, when you get that alarm, make sure the install is good. Most of the installers here in Lafayette zip tie the brain behind the steering column under the dash and the alarm can be defeated in mere seconds. Speaking of alarms, check into a battery backup (DEI 520T) and a couple of internal sirens (DEI 513T) along with some better sensors (DEI 509U & DEI 507M).

did you jam loud music when u got to school or just unlucky that they saw your screen and trying to remove it?
I hardly ever "bump" my system, especially while driving around a parking lot. I typically listen to a lot of alternative rock, and never really turned my HU past 25/35 with the gains a 75% of maximum, so I doubt I drew anyone's attention. Mine was the fourth car broken into in one day, so it was likely just a group of a-holes scoping the parking lot for an easy lift.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.