They stole EVERYTHING

sierra4x4
10+ year member

I parked my truck on one of LSU's highly trafficked student parking lots in the middle of the day, and between the hours of 10:30 and 4:00 somebody popped the driver side door lock and made away with about 2 grand of merchandise. Kenwood DNX8120 touch screen nav hu ($1300), two ZedAudio Amps ($400+), TC 10 OEM limited production sub ($185) and a 32 gig flash drive ($150). They even stole the remote control out of the center console and the GPS receiver off the roof. They at least left the Rainbow comps. They apparently tried to steal the truck too because the ignition was f'd up ($400 repair), so I guess all considering I'm lucky.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The responding officer said they have had string of these on campus since school let in after hurricane Gustav. And for some reason they saw no need to inform the student body of the crime spree or up the police patrols through the parking lots.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Anyway, I needed to vent, and I am sure some of you guys have had a similar experience. That was an entire summer's worth of less than enjoyable work, and now I have absolutely nothing to show for it. On top of it all, now I am too paranoid to rebuild my system, even to an admittedly less expensive extent. So moral of the story: don't leave an obviously expensive headunit exposed, don't trust common decency or daylight to such an extent.

thats no good man. I know how you feel about the hard work for the system. I just busted my arse for my current project. F*ck thieves!

Yet another warning to all you out there. Keep your sh!t hidden and dont bump in the wrong places! Stealth systems FTW!

thats why i am getting an alarm asap where they wont have time to pull anything out because they will draw attention to them because the alarm will be going off

did you call your insurance and see if they cover it or not

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif...that *****, hope you find the fvcker(s)

Modded alarms ftw though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif...

not even a minute after this was posted, you say pics? how about reading it first, then tellin him good luck, ya fuuckin douche
x2 worthless post, why would you ask to see pics of something like that?

thats no good man. I know how you feel about the hard work for the system. I just busted my arse for my current project. F*ck thieves!
Yet another warning to all you out there. Keep your sh!t hidden and dont bump in the wrong places! Stealth systems FTW!
Yep always take precautions not to bump in the wrong parts of town or spread the word about what type of equipment you have. I am glad mine is a stealth factory style system. Again good luck on the rebuild man.

There wasn't really anything to take pics of. The whole operation was pretty clean, and these people really must have known what they were doing.

I checked the local pawn shops today, but didn't find anything. I would typically ask if they had any touch screen nav units in, and they would always tell me no man, those things are hot right now." So that is probably what caught the f@%ker's attention. Of course I never thought to right down the serial numbers, so there's little hope I'll ever get anything back.

BTW, I am seriously considering getting an aftermarket alarm now, if anybody has any suggestions or guidelines. I haven't really started to research them yet, so I don't know anything about them. My truck is a 2004 sierra. It has an alarm, but I guess they knew how to disable it, or they worked too quickly for it to matter.

not even a minute after this was posted, you say pics? how about reading it first, then tellin him good luck, ya fuuckin douche
well, i wish it never happened. People that do that stuff are really ********. Good luck man, if that was me i would be pissed because it takes forever to install stuff and it does get old. I would have to think twice before putting amother system for that money in my car again too. Again, i hope you can get something new and enjoy it more.

well, i wish it never happened. People that do that stuff are really ********. Good luck man, if that was me i would be pissed because it takes forever to install stuff and it does get old. I would have to think twice before putting amother system for that money in my car again too. Again, i hope you can get something new and enjoy it more.
wow! are you like mature or something?? i didnt know that existed here on CA.com!

freakin A man...i'm sorry. I know how it feels. My **** wasn't stolen, it was bashed in. I sympathize... at least on a brighter note, we can all help you build a new stealth system! I do hope you find some of your ****. At least your headunit..my christ thats a nice unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.