The wife, kids, and car audio

Your wife

• Hates car audio and maybe even wants it gone.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Doesn’t care either way

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Loves car audio and even supports it.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Mine always ask why I am never satisfied when I say it is time for ann upgrade. My current set up set me back almost 2k, so it will be a while before any changes. It is a good thing that this S I 12 and IA20.1 sounds so good, would love to have another one and an IA40.1 though.

She likes the bass and loud music. She hates the constant swapping out of subs and boxes because she thinks I spend a lot, but I just sell the old and use the funds to build something different. She loves the road trips to shows and the swag we pick up at the shows.

If there's a day that I know I'm gonna be working on the car non stop, I make the effort to give a her a quick massage and some d*ck that morning and I never hear st*t. Will say though that any time I drop a lot of cash on audio I usually try to do something around the house, ex. Just bought new lithium and I'm replacing the gutters on the house next week, makes it hard for her to whine.

My wife hates car audio, and hates my home theater subwoofers even more (Dual 15's on 2700W Rms). She also hates I test amps on YouTube... But I make all the money in the house so I really don't care what she thinks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My wife hates car audio, and hates my home theater subwoofers even more (Dual 15's on 2700W Rms). She also hates I test amps on YouTube... But I make all the money in the house so I really don't care what she thinks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
2700 watts on HT subs. Lol. What are running on the surrounds?

2700 watts on HT subs. Lol. What are running on the surrounds?
For my Center channel, atmos speakers and rear surrounds I have them hooked up to a Emotiva XPA-5 Amp (5x200W Rms @ 8 ohm) and my front towers are connected to a Emotiva XPA-2 (2x300W Rms @ 8ohms).

Speakers are: Front Towers Klipsch RP-280F, Center Klipsch RP-450C, Rears Klipsch RP-160M, Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA

Subwoofers: Dayton Ultimax 15's x 2 - Sub Amp: Crown X4000 (Also known as the Crown XLi-3500)

For my Center channel, atmos speakers and rear surrounds I have them hooked up to a Emotiva XPA-5 Amp (5x200W Rms @ 8 ohm) and my front towers are connected to a Emotiva XPA-2 (2x300W Rms @ 8ohms).
Speakers are: Front Towers Klipsch RP-280F, Center Klipsch RP-450C, Rears Klipsch RP-160M, Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA

Subwoofers: Dayton Ultimax 15's x 2 - Sub Amp: Crown X4000 (Also known as the Crown XLi-3500)
I run a single Ultimax downstairs. It is awesome. Pioneer Elite controlling it all (7.2)

Mine started off saying I don't need a better stereo in my car. Saying things like im not 18 any more. Im not gonna turn it up in town. That's too much money.I Didn't listen to any of it of course. Started off very conservative and put in a single sealed 10. Of course I wasn't happy with the results. She could of went either way at that point but probably couldn't of taken the hu away. Went to 2 8s ported, she doesn't run it as hard as I do but hard enough I hear her pull in the drive. All what she said in the beginning is mute now.I would be in the dog house if I pulled it all out.

Haven't told her yet but there's a package on the way with 3 new amps and a head unit but that's for my system. We'll see how that goes when it arrives lol. Sure it'll be fine after I tell her im putting my old stuff in her sons car.

Prly not. What she gunna take? His 2ohm 1013watt amp that’s been tested on the Amp dyno that is better then all amps for the price at 2ohm
my house.. if we rented we woulds been divorced 10-15 yrs ago.. selling house and moving just us would be bad enough but we got her disabled brother too.. we ain't got the energy or $..

Wife wasn't too thrilled when I decided to update my system or her stock system at the same time. She says it's a waste of money, specifically mine since I wanted to update everything. She's still not happy that I spent a decent amount of money on upgrading her stock sound system to a decent one w/ a rear view camera and mine also. But when she does use my vehicle, I could hear her pulling up to our driveway, whereas when I'm driving w/ her, she tells me to lower her volume down because she doesn't like it so loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh and I'm trying to get my son into car audio, but so far no luck. Upgraded his stock stereo and speakers w/ an alright Kenwood unit w/ so so Pioneer speakers and an old PG Octane R 2 channel amp. I also gave him my old/new Focal sub and old/new Sounstream mono amp last year, but to this day, he still hasn't installed it. Swear, these kids nowadays don't know what they're missing. I remember back in high school, I wished I had a sound system, but didn't have a car of my own at the time.

my house.. if we rented we woulds been divorced 10-15 yrs ago.. selling house and moving just us would be bad enough but we got her disabled brother too.. we ain't got the energy or $..

So U would rather live your life unHappy with a bltch then start over and have your own life.. that’s fvcked up. Man up and leave that bltch

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...