The Time Has Come

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOKER
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PANAMA
Long time not posting on this great forum, but I'm back.

Well it's been a long time since I changed the headunit on my 2000 Civic, six years ago. So I decided to upgrade my old school Pioneer 4850 with external eq-8500 graphic equalizer with a brand new DEH-P6850MP. Other than the new headunit, my current system consists of Pioneer 6-disc cd changer, Boston Acoustic components, Pioneer 6X9 (headunit powered), Pioneer 2-channel amp, MTX Bluethunder Pro3002 (old school, but good) and a pair of 12W3v2 on a sealed box.

I had been reading reviews and impressions on this particular model so it suits my needs. It has internal lpf/hpf, sub control, ipod ready, 7-band eq.

I just installed it yesterday so I'm getting used to it right now.

At first I was kind of dissapointed for the sound quality, but it was just me not knowing how to set the adjustments.

An iPod and CD-IB100 is on the near future, so I can get rid of my cd-changer and clean my interior (I had the cd changer under the passenger seat).

I'm very please with my purchase, my only complain at the moment is the INTENSE BRIGHTNESS OF THE BUTTONS, my god why is it so bright, I feel like I have headlights inside the car. The dimmer and brightness options only control the display, which is very good when set on and 0 respectively.

Is there a way or option to control the brightness of the buttons?

BTW I highly recommend this headunit to anyone.

Thanks in advance for any help/information.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.