The Saturn: Can't stop there. (Dual 18's upgrade)

Yea, I think I shouldve shopped around a bit more but Im planning on putting a very good amount of fiberglass into this so it shouldnt be an issue on strength...the baffle is also going to get a support probably tomorrow too

the home depot wood is perfect for what we do, the only problems i can see voids causing is when you are attaching 2 panels, or having them where the subs screw in can eventually cause a problem.

other than that who cares?

Yea, I cant see the enclosure blowing apart or anything because of a couple voids here and there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yea, I cant see the enclosure blowing apart or anything because of a couple voids here and there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
wasnt saying that it was weak and wouldnt work. i was just saying that it wasnt voidless. the wood isnt as dense with the voids in it either. im just used to workin with the $80 per sheet plywood we get at school is all lol. for you application, that wood will work fine

No, im calling it..I fire it all up and the enclosure just crumbles and falls flat in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

No, im calling it..I fire it all up and the enclosure just crumbles and falls flat in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
LOL that would be pretty funny I'm not gonna lie

And just to post some pretty pics...here's what I came up with for the final enclosure design..

DualOmegasEnclosure.jpg

DualOmegasEnclosure2.jpg

lol lookin good bro... just for shits and giggles when your done we need to weigh that satty and see how much she has gained in weight.

box will only add about 150-175 poinds, and idk about those subs.

itll be like having a fat guy in the back.

glad to see that you went with a double panel, wish you could all around, but i understand space constraints

box looks like a ***** to build though....lol

have fun

HOLY BOX NIGHTMARE! Wow! if you get that built nice you got some SKILLZ! that looks like a real struggle, hope it comes out nice for ya, I know I would not try it! LOL!

Thanks guys and the enclosure really hasnt been too hard to construst so far and the port has proven to be pretty easy too with this jig...I'll just be sure to countersink them as best as I can and fill in the holes to smooth everything out.

Rob, yea I'll be rounding over the port's corners //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And the port is about 8" from the rear window I believe...havent really measured it too closely yet.

More updates from today in a bit, didnt take tons of pics of what was going on and I was working on something else for a portion of the day / other ish was going on..but the port couldve been done today without much of a strain I think..tomorrow should see a good bit of improvement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.