The Official Type R Thread

hey guys, im getting 2 typer r's 10's or 12's not sure yet. Will be running them off an ampman revolution amp that puts out around 1600 watts or so. I have a guy who can build me any box i want pretty much.

For the box dimensions, i would PREFER if the dimensions could be:

Height 14.5 or smaller

Deep 20 or smaller

Length 28 or smaller

I cant use a big box

What would you suggest? Sealed or ported? 10's or 12's? What dimensions would you suggest and if ported, what freq. should i tune it to. Basically, im looking for exact dimensions so it sounds right. How about a bandpass box, are they shyt or are they worth a look?

500 watts is 500 watts, it is not going to sound any different if its at 4 ohms or at 1,its the same thing, and i really haven't had any experiences with the older R's, but i bet they can take a little more than what they say....
thanks... does anyone have any experiances with the older type r's...how much power can they be fed daily

I want to run two 15" R's off my hifonics brutus 1600W@1 ohm amp, Ive heard these are overrated, it still makes my current sub pound, but would I be better off getting a hifonics Zeus 1600W @1 ohm. Ive heard these are really good amps. Would I notice a difference and is my current amp powerful enough to make these subs bump? I will upgrade eventually but will my current amp make keep me happy for a few months.

Even if it only put out 1000w which it should do no problem would 500W move a 15" R good?

if those 1605/1606s are truly overrated by a few hundred watts, you won't notice the difference by switching to the XX-Zues, which will do rated power. It's only 300watts, and you won't notice the difference at all. save your money until you get enough to a colossus, which will move those subs nicely. I don't know what you mean by the last statement, but 500watts is just too little for a 15'' R

Question.... I have 2 15 inch L7s powerd by 2 Kicker 750Z.1 amps in a 3 cubic per sub box. This is in an open space Honda Element. I am wondering if you guys think 2 12 or 2 15 inch type Rs will sound better and pound harder being used as a daily driver and on the same 2 Kicker 750Z amps. Im having a friend build me a custom fiberglass box next week and need some feedback. After reading some of this Thread im ready to buy some Alpines **** it. Problem is my 2 15 inch L7s are brand new. But i will get rid of them if the Alpines will sound much better. Thanks for any help....

I have Two Alpine Type R's(the older ones) and i'm wondering what i should do. I found a Sony Xplod 1200 watt 2 ch. amp at Best Buy for $200 and i think each sub i have is 1000 watts so shouldn't that amp do the job? Also this summer i'm getting Alpine Type R 6x9's (rear) & Type R 6 1/2's (front) that way i'll have all my speakers matching.

Right now i have:

Stock Speakers

Two 12" Alpine R's

a cheap 800 watt Amp that i'm goin to sell

and for now i'm driving a 94 Buick Lesabre

i'm going for the best sound quality and i want these subs to push to their potential without blowing them

I want a loud daily single 12" sub setup. So i was thinking about using a 12" Type R w/ a PA BB1250.1, giving it about 1000watts at 1ohm in a 2.7/8 cft box @ 34hz.

Would this compare output wise to a 15" kicker L5 in a sealed box getting 400watts, the older black l5 btw.

13 - 1500 watts too much for 2 newer 12 inch type r's sealed? Would 3 of them take that power well or would they be underpowered?

Also, anyone with any experience with these sealed, how did they sound. Porting is not an option in my trunk even if that means i have to go with different subs.

Thx,

for the guy askin about the 500rms to a 15''. you would prolly be better off with 10'' or 12''

the 15'' are rated at 750. to get them moving you need about 1300-1500rms.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

they will move with 500rms. will it be loud prolly not.

What would be a better amp for one 12" dual 2 ohm R.

Hifonics BXI 1206 or 1606?

The 1206 would be kind on my electrical system, but for 15 bucks more I could get the 1606.

Help me out guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.