sundown saz-3500 turning off??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im kind of confused.. Before, I had this amp ran at .5 ohm on a single aq hdc4 and saw voltage around 10.5 and never turned off.

Now, I changed all my wiring to 0 gauge kicker hyperflex and have my final ohm load at 1 ohm with two brand new stiff as hell 12" aq hdc4's. Now my voltage doesnt drop below 12.6. Its cut off twice on me so far now and never did before on the single aq hdc4 at .5 ohm? Kind of confusing.. Is it because the subs are still stiff? I do have a stock 90 amp alt with a kinetik hc2000. But if my voltage is staying over 12, why would it cut off?

thanks

EDIT: The amp is going into protect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im kind of confused.. Before, I had this amp ran at .5 ohm on a single aq hdc4 and saw voltage around 10.5 and never turned off.
Now, I changed all my wiring to 0 gauge kicker hyperflex and have my final ohm load at 1 ohm with two brand new stiff as hell 12" aq hdc4's. Now my voltage doesnt drop below 12.6. Its cut off twice on me so far now and never did before on the single aq hdc4 at .5 ohm? Kind of confusing.. Is it because the subs are still stiff? I do have a stock 90 amp alt with a kinetik hc2000. But if my voltage is staying over 12, why would it cut off?

thanks
You may have wired it wrong causing it to protect. Also, if it's shutting off and not protecting, it sounds like your remote wire has a problem or you have a problem with a loose connection.

You may have wired it wrong causing it to protect. Also, if it's shutting off and not protecting, it sounds like your remote wire has a problem or you have a problem with a loose connection.
oh true true, the remote wire seemed like it was kind of stripped. I didnt think of that. Just wondering because I didnt check when I should have. But does the gain knob show a protection light or no?

oh true true, the remote wire seemed like it was kind of stripped. I didnt think of that. Just wondering because I didnt check when I should have. But does the gain knob show a protection light or no?
no, but if the amp literally shut off the led would go out. I never made mine go into protect so I don't know what the led does when that happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.