Sundown SA-12 Too much bass

Shesinmypants

I have a sundown sa-12 in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1200.1D running it at 1 ohm. The bass is too much and rattles my whole car. Do you guys think I should go with a single 10" . I want bass that has a deep punch, I feel like the sundowns don't do that. My brothers soundqubed hds312 hits harder than my sundowns. I was thinking about maybe getting JL Audio 10W3v3-4. What do you guys think?

Your complaining about the bassbeing too loud, but you want something like your btother that hits harder than wht you have.... Mmmmm ok guy what do you want here? Have you though of TURNING YOUR GAIN DOWN

I had the same problem with 3 sa 8's. It was just too loud. I kept turning the volume up so my highs would get louder but the bass just kept getting louder too. I couldn't figure out what to do and I tried everything. I eventually just had to sell the car for cheap because I just couldn't fix it.

I had the same problem with 3 sa 8's. It was just too loud. I kept turning the volume up so my highs would get louder but the bass just kept getting louder too. I couldn't figure out what to do and I tried everything. I eventually just had to sell the car for cheap because I just couldn't fix it.
lmfao !!

I think I just lost a few IQ points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sundown sa-12 in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1200.1D running it at 1 ohm. The bass is too much and rattles my whole car. Do you guys think I should go with a single 10" . I want bass that has a deep punch, I feel like the sundowns don't do that. My brothers soundqubed hds312 hits harder than my sundowns. I was thinking about maybe getting JL Audio 10W3v3-4. What do you guys think?
Punch is not deep, dont get sh*t mixed up punch is in the midbass section wich is Faaaar from deep. What you have right now is closer to deep, heavy rumbling low notes that flexes your windows.

For less bass. turn your gain down. Whats your box tuned too?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.