Sundown Sa-12 box. HELP. (first time posting)

Participant count
  • Participant list

duhamell69

Indiana
I'm going to getting a sa-12 and was wanting some opinions. I know everyone says prefabs are terrible. But i don't have the resources to get or make a custom box. (unless someone can recommend a good place/person to get one) I don't know much about boxs honestly. I know i want a sealed. I say this because it less space and i'm not looking for a booming type of sound. I have a 94 civic coupe. I listen to rap/metal/rock/pop just about everything besides country. I know little about hz lower for lower tones? that's pretty much it. I've been looking at this box. anygood? I've seen this groumd shaker xl on sonic. It's 1.85 cubic feet and that what i'll get if no one else has better ides. I'm not looking to spend over $80

Thanks guys

Materials labor and shipping will put u over the 80 dollar mark on a custom enclosure but the benefits of having one over a prefab is worth the extra cost. A prefab is made of lower quality materials and often time under sized wood. The sa line is a stout sub. So u probably want a sealed box with a double baffle and at least 3/4 mdf or birch plywood. I would save up tell i could afford a quality custom box. There are a couple guys on here who build boxes they can get with u and work out the details.

I'm sure you could easily find someone local to build you a box ported or sealed for less than 80 bucks. I would check around your area, maybe woodshops etc. A car audio place will more than likely try to charge you out the *** for a generic box to be honest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.