Sundown or US Amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Orion Man
10+ year member

Livin' Loud!
Sup guys, after talking with my wife I have decided to go with a brand new set of amps for my system. I was looking for a set of old school Orion amps, but I decided to go this route instead. I'm going to run the subs in a 4ohm load and they handle 600-800 rms for the pair. I might change them later on down the line. So, I'm looking at a fairly large sub amp so I have more power if I want to run more powerful subs. I'm looking at the following...

Sundown Audio-

SAZ-3000D

SAX-100.4

or

US Amps-

MD-3D

MD-43

Both great companies, but I can't decide.

I would chose a two channel vs. a mono block if you were wiring to a final load of four ohms. May be a bit cheaper and power you need. 800w@4 ohms is pretty expensive. 800@4 with a two channel is a bit more reasonable.

I do agree. But I'm probably upgrading to a pair of Fi BTL's in the future. So, I figured for now I can run the amp in 4ohm and if I get the BTL's I can run it in 1ohm and pull more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.