Sundown or Kicker AMP!!!

SlapinTheTrunk
10+ year member

im trying to figure out which amp would fit my set up better.. i have a 15 inch audioque HD315 D1 and i think im debating between the sundown 1500D or a Kicker KX2500.. also does anybody know what is a good brand for an altanator for my car and maybe a link to where to buy them...

sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown if not for the style and class and reliability than surley for the service
yeah, we all know kickers customer service is junk.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i would take the zx1500.1 over the sundown 1500d, and did. How is the 1500d even comparable to the kx2500.1. Get the kx, more power, just as reliable and great customer service..as far as i'm concerned this is not a fair comparison. The zx1500.1 and the saz 1500d is a fair comparison other than the fact they both work at different ohm loads.

If they can be had for the same price indeed it is a no brainer as t-money said, for the typical application.

However sundowns are popular for the not-so-typcial installation, very low impedance systems, huge SPL machines, etc etc. Guys who replace amps or at least keep spares around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (and not because of build quality with the amps!)

If you're running 1 ohm higher, I would get the kicker.

Whatever you can get for the best price. Sundown will run at .5ohm with proper electrical, even though it's not covered by warranty anymore.

I've been VERY happy with the 4 1500D's I run and Jake is a great person to deal with. You can find the SD's used for a pretty good price otherwise pm Denim for a quote...

This is a no brainer. I love sundown, but a kicker 2500 is stronger then a sundown 1500 /end of discussion,

Now comparing a 1500 sundown to a 1500 kicker is a different story.

Whatever you can get for the best price. Sundown will run at .5ohm with proper electrical, even though it's not covered by warranty anymore.
Yeah the proper Electrical is the most important thing with any amp running @.5. SunDown is the better brand by far but the Kicker is rated @2ohms. So i think it depends on what it is you need because these two amps are not really comparable!!

unless you have experience from both brands, how can you tell the OP which is better? now if it were between pyle and sundown obvious choice..

to the OP: do your own research and stop relying on others opinions so heavily

sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown sundown if not for the style and class and reliability than surley for the service
you seem to have bad experiences dealing with amps judging by your sig lol.. you (no offense) are prob the last person id take any advice from.

PLEASE dont take this as me bashing sundown, i am not, simply saying OP do your own research. test either out if possible, but your box and installation are more important than your sub amp

like another said, it's not even a fair comparision between the zx2500 and the saz1500. but between the kicker zx1500 and saz1500, if impedence wasn't an issue, i'd take the sundown. i've used both kicker and sundown, both are very great amps. you'll probably never see a problem with either unless you mess something up yourself. but i'd take the sundown over the kicker simply for looks, transferable warranty, c.s., and the simple fact i'd want something that not anyone can pick up at a local cc.

but like bacon says, do your own research and see what fits your application (and wallet) the best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.