Subwoofer THUD

wickedsicilian
10+ year member

Whenever i lower my volume (usually with a change of 3-4 decibels) i get a big THUD coming from the subwoofer as if i have a short somewhere.

It doesnt happen all the time and the volume doesnt even have to be loud to get the THUD even though the thud itself is quite loud.

Any suggestions?

P.s My rcas are brand new, could it be something to do with the ground?

100% positive its when i adjust the volume, cause if the cars parked and not moving it makes that sound.

ill give the ground from the HU a try. Might rewire the whole system. thanks anyway

100% positive its when i adjust the volume, cause if the cars parked and not moving it makes that sound.
ill give the ground from the HU a try. Might rewire the whole system. thanks anyway
does this problem occur if the car is not running?

If its a popping noise.almost like a heavy door being shut hard i guess. Then its a ground issue. That or ur pulling to much off ur battery. my friend had the same problem with his 3 12's in his camry. When the air was on or he put his window's down he'd sound like a pulsing helicopter. Tommorow when you leave just leave the system off for the trip..give ur battery time to get full power.

Havnt tried it with the car not running but i do know that it does happen even when i use the remote.

The HU is a clarion DXZ576USB and im running 2 12inch pioneers with the clarion dpx1800 monoblock.

I did forget to mention im running the amp off of 8 guage cable instead of its recommended 4 guage as stated in the manual(both positive and negative).lol

Looked up the car manual, the altenator pumps out 90 amps.

And all it sounds like is a big THUD, as if i hit a REALLY HEAVY and QUICK bass note even with the volume down.

It doesnt happen all the time, its just really random, sometimes it happens after i havnt changed the volume for a while, while at other times i could be playing music for 5 minutes, go to change the volume and it goes THUD.

sorry to drag this on any longer but when i had the same setup running both the clarion amp and the 300rms dual channel off of 8 guage before, with a sony headunit, it NEVER made the thud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.