Subwoofer Suggestions...newbie

2000Gator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just bought a 2000 Navigator and looking into systems but do not know much about the better brands other then what i see on store shelves. The truck has a stock 8" subwoofer that i want to swap and also get two 12"s or 15"s but want to keep my 3rd row seat in. What are some good brands that i can look into for those sizes and about $600 to go towards both subs? Also whats a good 8" sub thanks guys

If it was me id just get a nice solid dual voice coil 15 and put some decent power to it. Like a Digital Designs 3515, Massive Audio CW 15, TC Sound 3000, or Adire Brahma 15....put it in a nice small slot box and call it a day.

There are a bunch of poeple selling really nice 15's used in the for sale section, some excellent prices can be had if you pick and choose wisely.

don't swap the 8. just get rid of it. get yourself a nice 12 or 15 and you will be set. with an SUV, that should be more than enough for you. are you just looking for loud? what kind of music do you listen to?

r u swapping out the 8 AND adding 2 12's?

cus that would just b dumb...

just leave the 8, add the 2 12's or whatever,

if you got $600 for two 12's, and money for amps and wires and all, you could look at the current boner and get 2 12 Q's and get a 3000rms amp for them...

r u swapping out the 8 AND adding 2 12's?
cus that would just b dumb...

just leave the 8, add the 2 12's or whatever,

if you got $600 for two 12's, and money for amps and wires and all, you could look at the current boner and get 2 12 Q's and get a 3000rms amp for them...
or you are just dumb

take out that 8 and just get the 15's or 12's or whichever you want. leaving the 8 in their would be pointless.

or you are just dumb
take out that 8 and just get the 15's or 12's or whichever you want. leaving the 8 in their would be pointless.
i'm just saying that if there was a factory location for the 8 inch already, why bother f#cking around with it...he could even possibly use it as a midbass, whatever...

otherwise if its obstructing the new subs, then definitely take the 8 out, replace it with the bigger subs...make any sense?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.