Square motor sub

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Lol, wut

11538110_1010387088971393_2030644616347041123_o__95675.1435961652.1280.1280.jpg

EMF Audio Ermagerd v2 15" - EMF Car Audio formerly Sundown Only

I guess these guys know what they're doing, just doesn't seem to make sense from a physical standpoint. But if they picked this design over the v1s round motor, maybe they're on to something.

I guess these guys know what they're doing, just doesn't seem to make sense from a physical standpoint. But if they picked this design over the v1s round motor, maybe they're on to something.
what doesnt make sense? its more surface area for more saturation.

Most people have a wooden box and mount with the round parts facing the outside. Nobody is even going to see the square motor so I don't see why the shape matters.

Yeah, but I don't see why they would design the motor that way. Seems like the magnetic field would be weird, and not focused as well.

why not? i dont see anyone bitching about kickers square motors? they probably use the square motor to get higher levels of saturation..
Since when has Kicker made a square motor?

They had square subs, and there is much better stuff out there.

the top-plate and t-yoke are round, there is more surface area and higher saturation can be achieved
More surface area than just making a bigger circle? Seems dumb to me

Since when has Kicker made a square motor?
They had square subs, and there is much better stuff out there.

More surface area than just making a bigger circle? Seems dumb to me
you can ask sean on any design and specifics on his woofer.

generally the magnets are stronger and cheaper and you get more surface area for higher saturation. maybe he just did it to make you post comments?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.