SQ Sub Decision

Nibrok

Seattle
Back to the drawing board as my original plans didn't work out. I'm looking for single 12" SQ sub with a good amount of output for a small Focus hatchback. I'll will be running it off a Zapco 4 channel amp (Z-150.4) bridged at 450w (thanks to Tenacious recommendation). $350 give or take is my budget. I'm probably going to have to run it sealed to save on space, so out of the list below, what would your recommend? Or something else???

IDQv3 or IDMAXv3

Fi Q12

Incriminator Audio Flatyne (This is probably the highest on my list at the moment)

TC Sounds LMS-R

SPECS on the Zapco Z-150.4:

Stereo, 4 ohms: 4 x 150 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms: 4 x 250 Watts

Bridged, 4 ohm: 2 x 450 Watts

Last edited by a moderator:
Sealed, SQ, 450w, $350

1st choice would be the JL w6v2 since that's pretty much how I'm running mine (but the dual 4 ohm vc would kill that option), IDQv3, or IA Flatlyne

That Skar (based on the sub itself, not the owner) and DC subs shouldn't even be on the list. The IDMAX will want more power as will the TC sub.

I would go IDQv3.

Sealed, SQ, 450w, $350
1st choice would be the JL w6v2 since that's pretty much how I'm running mine (but the dual 4 ohm vc would kill that option), IDQv3, or IA Flatlyne

That Skar (based on the sub itself, not the owner) and DC subs shouldn't even be on the list. The IDMAX will want more power as will the TC sub.

I would go IDQv3.
Thanks for the suggestion, I hear everyone talking about the IDQ and how well it is. Does anyone know the difference from v3 or the new v4's?

You're limited to either 150 W x 2 on a dual 4 ohm sub or 450W x 1 to a single 4 ohm sub. My best options are dual 4 ohm only without going to special order models.
CDT Audio QES-1220 - pm for a better price

Diamond SX124

On that amp I think the TX124 would make better use of the limited power.
Wow, the QES -1220 looks to be an amazing sub and the size seems to be spot on for a small box, do you think it would be underpowered? FYI, I've added the specs of the Zapco to the first post.

Wow, the QES -1220 looks to be an amazing sub and the size seems to be spot on for a small box, do you think it would be underpowered? FYI, I've added the specs of the Zapco to the first post.
Yes, with only 150W per coil I think the QES-1220 would be underpowered. It would of course still play, but you'd have to go ported to get good output. That's the trade-off of going with a sub that works in a tiny sealed enclosure, they take more power because they're less efficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.