SQ: JL W7 vs. TC OEM10

Id say go with the oem for the price b/c the w7 isn't geared as much to sq as the w6.v2, and the tc subs are all about SQ but also get very loud. You cant beat that price. You can get 2 or 3 for the price of a w7, or 2 woofers and a passive radiator for that. You wont be disappointed in a TC woofer, and I cant see what can warrant spending 3 times as much on a woofer that is comparable to the oem
lol. um not geared to SQ? did a JL designer tell you this?

if you read what i wrote, i said its not geared as much to SQ that the w6v.2. I never said it wasn't a SQ sub, this is also evident my many owners of JL subs on this forum that have stated that the W6v.2 are better SQ than the W7

if you read what i wrote, i said its not geared as much to SQ that the w6v.2. I never said it wasn't a SQ sub, this is also evident my many owners of JL subs on this forum that have stated that the W6v.2 are better SQ than the W7
i did read what you wrote but still. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

So basically everyone that owns the dub7 is going to say it's better and whoever owns an OEM is going to say it's better or for the price it's better, including myself!!!

W6V2 does have lower distortion within it's linear range than the W7. JL did not yet own a Klippel machine when they made the W7... guess what they got before the W6V2 came along?

The TC-10 OEM is a great sub, especially for the price. Of course if you take price away from the picture the 10W7 is probably a better driver overall, but not by a tremendous margin IMHO.

W6V2 does have lower distortion within it's linear range than the W7. JL did not yet own a Klippel machine when they made the W7... guess what they got before the W6V2 came along?
The TC-10 OEM is a great sub, especially for the price. Of course if you take price away from the picture the 10W7 is probably a better driver overall, but not by a tremendous margin IMHO.
Very well Put

i did read what you wrote but still. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
ok well with that being said, and the fact that he's looking for a SQ woofer, what is there to dispute??

Thanks for the info guys! I was and still am considering the W6V2's along with the W7's and the OEM10. Well, all pricing aside, which sub(s) have better quality and which will ultimately give me the best chest-thumping clean low end?

2x JL 10w6v2's (Powered by a Cadenace TXA1000)

OR

1x TC OEM10 (powered with an Alpine PDX 1.1000)

I want to buy an OEM 10 but the problem is this- if I can't find a used Alpine, then the price for an OEM 10 would be **** close to a pair of 10W6V2's with a Cadence TXA1000. Would there be any amps out there that cost less than $450 but can still put out 1000WRMS at 1 or 2 ohms?

Thanks for the info guys! I was and still am considering the W6V2's along with the W7's and the OEM10. Well, all pricing aside, which sub(s) have better quality and which will ultimately give me the best chest-thumping clean low end?
2x JL 10w6v2's (Powered by a Cadenace TXA1000)

OR

1x TC OEM10 (powered with an Alpine PDX 1.1000)

I want to buy an OEM 10 but the problem is this- if I can't find a used Alpine, then the price for an OEM 10 would be **** close to a pair of 10W6V2's with a Cadence TXA1000. Would there be any amps out there that cost less than $450 but can still put out 1000WRMS at 1 or 2 ohms?
1606D?

I've got a few used SAZ-1500Ds for sale if you would like to use one of those. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. It would do very well for a pair of DVC 4 ohm TC-10 OEM subs -- or even just one. I have a few TC-10 OEMs here and the 1500D @ 2 ohms can push them to max excursion on the low-end //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

SAZ-1500D with OEM 10 and PR is my vote...Pretty good for under $600...You also might be able to find a W6 or two for a good price somewhere.

I would think any new supersub would own the W7,so many do already.

W7's is a great woofer but its days of being king of the heap are long gone.

TC looks to make some killer woofers but that model you picked looks a bit low on thier list of woofers and u might have to step up the coin,or ask the sellers themselves...

I would think any new supersub would own the W7,so many do already.W7's is a great woofer but its days of being king of the heap are long gone.

TC looks to make some killer woofers but that model you picked looks a bit low on thier list of woofers and u might have to step up the coin,or ask the sellers themselves...
Well the 10oem is similar to the 2000, and if you look at the price right now, its TC sounds best bang for the buck by far

I would think any new supersub would own the W7,so many do already.W7's is a great woofer but its days of being king of the heap are long gone.

Out of curiosity, what supersubs "own" the W7?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dbaudio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dbaudio
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date