Speaker out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thai_creeper
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
The other day I was in my car and all of a sudden the front left speakers went out. It's a 98 accord, with a speakers on the doors and tweeters up near the winshield (stock). All speakers kept stock, and when I fade the music front and balance left, I hear absolutely nothing, so I'm guessing the tweeter's not working either?

What's the order of steps you guys would go about figuring this out? check the HU connections first? That's really all I know how to do (get in back of the HU), but I can find someone who knows how to get to the speakers in the door.

Would your guess be that it's blown? or some wire came undone somewhere? Thanks for any help

Im just gonna take a guess and say something got messed up with your cross over. If you even have one im not sure. But yeah your going to need to take off the door panel and take out your HU and have a look for yourself.

Doesn't the cross over have to do with an HU setting? btw, I have an alpine 9835. Or do you mean a real(don't know what it's called) cross over that comes with component sets? Would there be one since it's all stock?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.