Speaker cutting out help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I dont have a lot of car audio experience and just wanted to get an idea of what I might have going on. My driver side front speaker cuts out and will come back on sometimes when I turn up the volume and the bass hits a little and it will kick on. I switched the speaker to the passenger side and it worked fine so I know it is not the speaker. When I switched the front left and right speaker wires from the amp the problem switched to the other side and the driver side worked fine. So is that a wiring issue or amp issue or could it be something else? Thanks for any help

Kenwood DNX5120

JL A4300 amp

speakers are front door speakers, infinty speakers around $100, nothing major

I dont have a lot of car audio experience and just wanted to get an idea of what I might have going on. My driver side front speaker cuts out and will come back on sometimes when I turn up the volume and the bass hits a little and it will kick on. I switched the speaker to the passenger side and it worked fine so I know it is not the speaker. When I switched the front left and right speaker wires from the amp the problem switched to the other side and the driver side worked fine. So is that a wiring issue or amp issue or could it be something else? Thanks for any help
Kenwood DNX5120

JL A4300 amp

speakers are front door speakers, infinty speakers around $100, nothing major
Do you have a line out converter that goes from the back of your head unit to your amp?

Check for a loose wire connection on the amp,as well as the RCAs to swapp on different channels to see if it may be a bad RCA.Check for exposed + speaker wiring for grounding out as well.try that out, and let us know if it proceeds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.