So my "H.O" alternator is only putting out 10.5V

I will re-check the voltage on the battery. I hope its not the battery because its about 1 month old and its an optima. If thats the problem i will try charging it. I will also swap out the old one and see if it makes a difference

my optima did the same thing after about 3 months...some of them just go bad...weird...

alright thanks, but this could be why the voltage on all my wires is so low right?

yes deff. the alt would be trying to charge a dead batt that would never take a charge so your voltage would go way down...

They said i have to bring the battery in to have it tested. But how do they expect you to do that when its the only battery you have. I guess if it fails i get a new battery if it doesnt they said i have to wait overnight till it charges

I got it tested and they said the battery is fine and it is completly charged. I cant figure this out. None of the wire on my HU are getting 12V. Even the ignition wire that says 12V+ is only getting 10V

yeah i am going to do that in a little while when my engine cools down. I hope i dont have trouble getting the belt on like last time:crazy:

Do you know about how much a 200amp alernator should be putting out at the full 200amps that its rated at? 200amps=how many volts?

yeah i am going to do that in a little while when my engine cools down. I hope i dont have trouble getting the belt on like last time:crazy:
Do you know about how much a 200amp alernator should be putting out at the full 200amps that its rated at? 200amps=how many volts?
your volts shouldnt change its dependant on your regulator. if you only use your stock alt and its rated at 90amps at 13.8volts if your amps requires more than that 90 amps your volts will drastically go down when the music hits. Now if you have the 200amp alt and your amps only require say 120amps your voltage should say the same at 13.8volts these are just examples, someone correct me if im wrong.

thnks

egg

yeah but see the problem im having is i dont even have 12V to turn on my JL 2/300. One of the bolts on my alternator is stripped...so i dont know what to do

alright ill email him later. Now im going to have to pay to have the stock one put back on. Thanks knukonceptz.

I think im just going hold out a week or two without any music, then ill have the money to buy an irragi. Do you know how much the average 200amp irragi sells for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.